ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Puncture/ Replacing Tyre

Abarth 500 Essesse
I have a puncture that has been bunged up by the aa, what are ppl's thoughts on replacing just one of my front tyres?

Was thinking it is best to replace both at the same time since otherwise they'll wear unevenly, would you agree, noob question i know :eek:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I've got a part worn in the forsale section if you are interested mate.

Depends what tread you have on the current fine one to be honest, i wouldnt use a 4mm one and then an 8mm one on the otherside, which is why I have one for sale!!

Abarth 500 Essesse
well i was thinking if i buy 2 the one that is ok can be a spare as i dont want to get stuck again will need a 16" steel or something obviousley, seen that in the for sale section but i'd still have 2 uneven ones...

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Fair does.
I was keeping mine as a spare but not on a wheel, so if i got a puncture just get them swapped, but then managed to pick up another Cup wheel with a brand new half decent budget tyre on it for £40. So now that permanently sits in the boot now!

I was under the impression that the fixed puncture was safe to drive on? Or is it just a temporary measure?

Abarth 500 Essesse
well the aa report says replacement tyre required and the repair is not to do over 200 miles or over 40 mph.
If it wasnt half 3 on a saturday i might have tried to get a proper repair but i didn't fancy staying at work for 3 days, lol, also it was flat as a pancake so dont think the side wall will have faired too well tbh.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Ah right, no chance of getting a proper repair done on it now even though the AA did one?

Abarth 500 Essesse
well the aa man said it was just a temporary, dont go very far, very quickly for too long repair, well we'll see if it can be repaired, if it can then the 2 tyres can go on the back as they are very close to being needed anyway, if that happens then i may buy your pe2 as a spare ;)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Haha, well I don;t want much for it, just could do with it shifting!

Deja vu 182
Should be able to have permanent repair as long as in centre 3/4 of tyre , the temp plugs are slightly smaller than what tyre garages drill them out to (as long as you didn t drive with it too flat otherwise you ll have damaged the sidewall ) . :)