ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pure Motorsport Gear linkage kit ? Help

172 turbo
Fitting everything correctly so I believe , given up tonight

No matter what rig position I put the sleeve in I can get it in reverse at all it just doesn't want to go , going to have to take cat and heat shield off again tomorrow maybe something stopping it but can't hear a banging ? Anyone had similar problems literally feel like giving up on it thanks

dan's cast offs.
take the dog bone bolt out and put it back the other way round, they can just touch on it and that can stop them getting in to reverse, also the bolt on the bottom of the gear stick can need trimming a touch sometimes plus make sure it isn't hitting on the exhaust tunnel.

that's assuming you've got it set right to begin with.

172 turbo
Thanks a lot is there a chance you fit the box unit it self the wrong way or would the shaft not bolt together ? Will have a good look on day light something must be stopping it to describe it when I try and go in reverse instead of going left then up like it should it just goes diagonal and does not even go in the reverse gear

dan's cast offs.
you can't put it together wrong. it doesn't take much movement when you are adjusting it to go to far though.

if you go hard against the stop can you get 1st and 2nd ok?

172 turbo
I can imagine !

If I go hard against the stop it forces me to go diagonally instead of left then up onto revere o was on jacks and let the clutch out and nothing happens so obviously won't go in gear , from memory I had 1st and 2nd just can't physically get it to go left then up into reverse

dan's cast offs.
if you can get 1st and 2nd when you are hard against the stop but can't get reverse then it only needs adjusting a tiny amount.