ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Push Button Engine Start

02 Clio 172Mk2
Is this possible in a Mk3 ('02) Clio 172? I've seen conversions done in other cars, but have not yet seen an example of a 172 push button start.

I was thinking or relocating the hazard button in the dash to an alternate location and putting an 'Engine Start' button in it's place.

Any thoughts?
Genius.

Golf R/Leon FR
i dont see why you couldnt do it dude it may be expensive though.
an 02 clio is a mk2 ph2 dude. not a mk3

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah its possible and easy and very cheap.
Get some ofc thick speaker wire, inline fuse holder, a switching relay, the button and a few connections from Maplin. Earth the relay, splice into the igntion switched wire, and then into the button and back to the relay.
All in depending on which button it should only be around a tenner, kits are a huge rip off!

Caterham 1400 Supersport
I fitted an S2000 starter button to my Coupe, it was a bit of a challenge tbh, but i'm not that experienced with auto electrics. Same principles should apply with the 172 i guess.

It's a nice feeling to puch a button to start the car (even if it's a bit sad to admit it :eek: )

Mk1 16v
imagine you could relocate the start button to the gear knob like the CLK500?

prob wouldnt be too much work would it?