ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Push Start Button

Changes to often
well i fitted a push start button today, i know its a tipical gimiky thing but needed to fill the hole where the cig light used to live, so what better than a push start LOL!

and yes it does work, ive added a few pics for you who may want to fit one for your self.

IMAG0012.jpg

dont worry they are well insulated now, just wanted to show the process.

and here is the how the button looks

IMAG0017.jpg

Changes to often
yes you do, for the immobilser, it can be wired in so you dont have to turn the key, but i wanted it to start with the key or the button just in case the button broke lol.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Do you still have to put the key in the ignition?

What I thought. Isn't there a decoder ring or something around the ignition barrel to pick up the key and disable the immobiliser? If I'm right, surely pressing the button without the key should stop the engine from working since the immobiliser would still be operative.

EDIT: Why does this forum not have new post notifications? :dapprove:

Changes to often
What I thought. Isn't there a decoder ring or something around the ignition barrel to pick up the key and disable the immobiliser? If I'm right, surely pressing the button without the key should stop the engine from working since the immobiliser would still be operative.

EDIT: Why does this forum not have new post notifications? :dapprove:

yeh your spot on there. you can see it in the top image. you will always need the key in.

Only "cool" if you don't have to put a key in (like one of those "credit card" keys that go in your wallet)

Can't see the attraction of putting a key in... then pressing a button.

Fair play though, can't have been that easy to do so credit where it's due and all :)

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
yes you do, for the immobilser, it can be wired in so you dont have to turn the key, but i wanted it to start with the key or the button just in case the button broke lol.

Here's mine, it actually serves a purpose ;)

Juke_interior5.jpg

Only "cool" if you don't have to put a key in (like one of those "credit card" keys that go in your wallet)

Fair play though, can't have been that easy to do so credit where it's due and all :)

Can any of you guys advise me how to fit a button start with the ability to bypass the immobiliser and no need for a key?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

Mk1 FRS requires the key to be in and turned to ignition. Can't start off the key either, you have to use the button.

Agreed though, never seen the point in it myself.