ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Putting Windows on a Macbook

6/468 17poo
Ok i need to run programs such as word/excel on some occasions, so is it possible to use Boot Camp and install windows from a dell disc (its a purple disc saying microsoft windows xp home edition) but also says 'only use with a dell pc'

Will this work?im sure i have a proper windows cd somewhere but cant find it

Scirocco GT 2.0
Ok i need to run programs such as word/excel on some occasions, so is it possible to use Boot Camp and install windows from a dell disc (its a purple disc saying microsoft windows xp home edition) but also says 'only use with a dell pc'

Will this work?im sure i have a proper windows cd somewhere but cant find it

It might work if you have a valid Product Key to use.

Would it not be easier to install Microsoft Office Mac?

6/468 17poo
I will need to purchase that tho and really dont want to if i can get it for free from using windows, also need to logon to my work computer and Citrix doesnt seem to work with mac when trying to access microstation, im not sure whether to partition the drive or not hmmmmm

Fiat Panda 100hp
open office for the mac..FTW. Just as good as office suite imo and can open and save ms word/excel files.

And it's free!!

172 Cup SOLD
Put VMWare Fusion on it and create a virtual machine....sure you can get a 30 days free VM trial too, so you can have a play and decide if you like

Megane
Dell disks tend to be locked down to dell hardware, if you haven't got a dell motherboard, then the dell image will not work as far as I'm aware.......

FF RB 182
I use office mac, fella got me it. Also run windows only programs on XP using Parallels.