ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

px 172 for 182

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

right this poxy weatehr has put me right off owning a car with bare minimum, how would i stand px my cup for a new or pre reg 182 with cup packs? still owe finance on the cup but its through renault selections, a mate px his clio for a new mr2 and toyota actually paid his finance off from renault and is financing his mr2 how the hell does that work?

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

its not just ice mate im put off driving in the rain aswell god knows how evo6 extreme owners cope

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by lozza_cup on 03 March 2005
its not just ice mate im put off driving in the rain aswell god knows how evo6 extreme owners cope

Careful use of 4wd, clever diffs and 4wd :)

its going to cost you alot to swop, even if you owned (didnt owe money on it)your cup at a dealer its going to cost you nearly 5k extra

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 04 March 2005

its going to cost you alot to swop, even if you owned (didnt owe money on it)your cup at a dealer its going to cost you nearly 5k extra
really, how come? could you elaborate more

Lets say you owe £9k for the Cup and that a new 182 will cost £15k (including the costs of finance). The Cup would trade-in at £7k.

Therefore, you need to fund the difference between the £2k you owe for the Cup and its value.

Youll then need to finance the cost of the new 182. In total, youll be re-paying £17k with this example, including the interest. Thats a LOT! The reason itll be so much is that the Cup, in effect, does not belong to you.

Id recommend you kept the Cup. Dont simply look at how much itll cost per month: look at how much it is overall and for how long!

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 04 March 2005

Lets say you owe £9k for the Cup and that a new 182 will cost £15k (including the costs of finance). The Cup would trade-in at £7k.

Therefore, you need to fund the difference between the £2k you owe for the Cup and its value.

Youll then need to finance the cost of the new 182. In total, youll be re-paying £17k with this example, including the interest. Thats a LOT! The reason itll be so much is that the Cup, in effect, does not belong to you.

Id recommend you kept the Cup. Dont simply look at how much itll cost per month: look at how much it is overall and for how long!
Very good advice.

Quote: Originally posted by lozza_cup on 04 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 04 March 2005

really, how come? could you elaborate more

well the dealer would give you aprox 7.5k for your cup (i dont know your cars age ), then a new 182 could possibly be haggled down to 12.5k - 13k, the difference being 5k, also if you owe more than the px on the cup then thats more than 5k

well i think if u drive slow u will get through this sh*tty wether then u will luv the summer in the cup! handles so nice in the dry.

getting a 182 isnt going to change anything and its goin to cost u lots for not much.....get some realy nice mods for the cup that getting a 182. and just take care in this wether....

IMO tho:)