ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Q : How many miles have your tyres done

sold
How many miles and on which make of tyre.
If anyone has any comments (good or bad) on different makes...such as increased tyre noise/better grip/etc ?

Nippy white cup
I get about 7k on my fronts but probably more than twice that on the rears. I find the conti`s are good enough for me. I did swap for Uniroyal Rainsports but changed them after about 3 days! They were like jelly tyres, went round a roundabout and it seriously felt dangerous. Since then I've stuck with the Conti's as I don`t want to waste another load of cash and a set of tyres that a s**t. I know the PE2`s are supposed to be great but I'm not willing to spend so much...)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
^^^no offence but have you never encountered a roundabout! lol.

i'm the same as loony, 6K tops on fronts.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Still on my first set of PE 2's and have done 14k,85% motorway driving though. Fronts have maybe 3mm left but rears are at 5/6mm,good for another 6/7k i reckon.

Megane225FF
these's khumo ecsta's are lasting too frikin long, i cant get on with them, been on about 15k too (front & back - still got 5mm left too) - *need to drive harder

E87 118i
I did about 75000kms on my michelin energys.

now with michelin pilots - don't think they will last as long tho.....

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Just done 22500 on my original PE2's, mainly motorway miles and never swapped front and backs. Ive done plenty of thrashing round bends too, but i do run fairly hard tyre pressures. I cant beleive you guys only getting 6!!!! I do have a new set of PE2's waiting to go on at home thou as just got down to my markers.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
14k from my pe's and theyr gone so probs about 12k. plenty of swapping but not much motorway miles.

MX5 turbo
Replaced two Exalto's at 16k,although they were past their best well before that.
Understeered like mad on wet roundabouts :eek:

Clio 182
Am on about 21k at the mo, on my original tyres as they were put on the car... I live in London though and apart from that it's been a lot of motorway driving.

BMW M135i
2k on the fronts which where new and they've still got the red band in the bottom of the tread on, not sure on the rears because they weren't new when I bought the car.

Had a set of Avon ZV3s on my old car and they'd done 16k and still had boat loads of tread left.

It would appear i'm tyre friendly, was on the original pads on my old car and after 36k and 5 years they still had at least half the meat left on them so I guess i'm brake friendly too.

Turbos.
So far my fronts have done about 7k. They are almost illegal but i won't stop using them till they're through to the thread!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I only got 1,000 miles out a Hankook Ventus K102 but that was my dodgey tracking the other 3 have done about 3,000 miles now and look just as good as the new one

Mine have been on about 1k or so not sure.
My last set lasted 5k and that with the tracking fine etc just track day abuse.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
fronts 17k 2nd set of contis, 1sts lasted 16k
backs 33k still fine

thats on the 172

on the cup (for sale 03 reg, CC pack £6900, 51k) only owned it from 26k, but it had half worn conti's
they were replaced at 36k service
then back got replaced at 44k
now on 51k and the fronts are being replaced tomorrow