ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quaife diff will the speedo work?

Impreza ra & S14a
Hello, To cut a long stoy short... Im looking at a 172 Cup with a Quaife diff fitted. Apparently this means the speedo wont work. Does any one know if this can be fixed with the quaife diff still fitted, or if there are any alternative options available?

Many thanks! :)

Impreza ra & S14a
It wont let me see that post for some reason?? quite annoying, any clues as to what it was saying?

Much appreciated! :)

Impreza ra & S14a
lol fair enough, there doesnt seem to be a definate answer where ever I look, maybe some good ol' bodgin is needed?

I think the ph1 172 runs off the ABS sensor if Ive been informed right so maybe getting to run off this some how?? Im sure where theres a will theres a way!

lol fair enough, there doesnt seem to be a definate answer where ever I look, maybe some good ol' bodgin is needed?

I think the ph1 172 runs off the ABS sensor if Ive been informed right so maybe getting to run off this some how?? Im sure where theres a will theres a way!
Yep it does. as for the gearbox on this car i'd like to know what box has been used as if a phase 2 none cup box was used then getting a speedo drive to work won't happen.

Infact if the speedo doesn't work the cars illegal to drive on the road if the wrong box is fitted (you have to ask why pay a fortune for the car to become illegal to drive on the road or how many miles its done) then fixing it will cost a lot.

Being as its a cup with the diff and no working speedo you have to IMO ask what else the cars had, is it a track run car and the rest of the bits have all been removed and its done mega miles.

Clio 172 ph2
Yep it does. as for the gearbox on this car i'd like to know what box has been used as if a phase 2 none cup box was used then getting a speedo drive to work won't happen.
There are ph2 models with the jc5-130 gearbox fitted without the speedometer sensor , that is the same box as in the 182 , so the speed signal is taken from the ABS .
But as far as I know , the 172 ph2 CUP doesn`t have ABS , so no speed from the ABS on the ph2 CUP .

There are ph2 models with the jc5-130 gearbox fitted without the speedometer sensor , that is the same box as in the 182 , so the speed signal is taken from the ABS .
But as far as I know , the 172 ph2 CUP doesn`t have ABS , so no speed from the ABS on the ph2 CUP .
Yep the cup uses the speedo sensor box as i has so abs sensors. What I meant with my my quote was that if the diff is figtted to a proper cup etc box with speedo sesnor why wasn't if sorted. If its ben fitted with a none speedo sesnor box why was it and fixing it won't be cheap.

53 Clio's & counting
just for reference the ph1 box runs off speedo sensor, not the abs sensors, ph2's (excluding 172 cups) run off the abs sensors