ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quaife LSD for Clio

Buying the thing is the least of your worrys, fitting it would be very hard yourself and cost an arm and a leg at a garage.

Have heard quotes of 500-700 again to fit it.

Jap Shed
Mate i have one, better to spend the $ on tha diff than tuning imo, ONLY if you use the car for track / b road driving tho. waste of $ otherwise

200 with booost
Cheers Lads

I use the car every day on motorways, A % B roads, I cover around 500 miles a week and thrash the hell out of it, 5 months old - 12,000 and I plan to track it next spring/summer. I spend a couple of days a week in south wales and always drive through the valleys so a fair mixture really.

On good dry roads I prefer to drive with the traction control off, the car is much more responsive and gives excellent feedback, although I do find that I would sometimes like to able to put down a little more power on the corner exit, It spins a wheel very easily, this is why im thinking LSD. Seems a bit pricey to fit, but will investigate further.

I too would have a lot of interest in a LSD for the Clio 200, as mine is only really used as a track toy...

When you say it is a big job, HOW big....?

Does the engine need to come out, or does the gear box just come off etc...?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
mate of mine has that diff on his 197, loves it but its currently off the road being made to have 340-380bhp but im sworn to secrecy lol

its impressive anyway, he took me out in it when it had the diff and kw coilovers set up properly it was amazing, cant wait to go out when its finished having all the work done

Does anyone care to give a detailed answer, as to what is involved in putting a LSD in a Clio 197/200...!

Cheers....

340i
this may sound crazy....

But I think it could involve removing the gearbox

Fitting the differential

Putting the gearbox back in the car

?

Evo 5 RS
I think you might be right ^ ;O Quaife aren't far from me. Might pop in for a quote, who wants to hazard a guess now? lol

Lionel Richie
Does anyone care to give a detailed answer, as to what is involved in putting a LSD in a Clio 197/200...!

Cheers....

remove box from car, approx 5 hours
strip down box, inspect, rebuild 3-4hours
refit box to car, approx 5 hours
plus parts and fluids and tools required for box rebuild