ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quarter Mile Race - 182/200T/595

which is faster on a 1/4 mile run

• Clio 200T

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Fiat 595C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clio 182

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Who cares

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Hi all,

Just looking for some feedback on this race coming up. There has been a lot of talk and numbers thrown around of who will win and by how much..

1, A friends Clio 200T with the following mods : Panel Filter, Centre box delete and new dunlops all round. (Launch Control/Auto)
2, My partners Fiat Abarth 595c, out the box its 160hp but otherwise standard. (Manual Box)
3, My 182 which is stripped completely, roughly 900kg - Exhaust, Decat, Intake, Coilovers, OZ F1's usual track car aesthetics. (Manual Box)

Facts & Figures

1, Weight 1204kg - 6.7sec 0-62mph - 197bhp @ 6050rpm, 192lb ft @ 2000rpm
2, Weight 1075kg - 7.4sec 0-62mph - 158bhp 5500rpm, 170lb ft @ 3000rpm
3, Weight 1090kg (900kg) - 6.9sec 0-62mph - 182bhp

As you can imagine all the numbers above are based on manufactures details and spec.
I'm going up against each of them at various points, however against 200T is the interesting one for me.. I don't fancy loosing against him or my partner tbf'. I need some opinions where we are right now and what your thoughts are on the outcome?

I can provide pictures if required but I'm pretty sure we all know what they all look like. Oh this question has also been posted on 200T owners on FB along with the Abarth500 Owners forum. So we are completely unbiased.

Looking forward to reading the responses.

Thanks for Looking!

dan's cast offs.
loooking at the details you've provided, power to weight, torque etc i've done a quick calculation and a car will win by a distance greater than 2".

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
loooking at the details you've provided, power to weight, torque etc i've done a quick calculation and a car will win by a distance greater than 2".

Could you elaborate on how you managed to do this please? Oh and which car will win by that distance?

dan's cast offs.
think the car was called brian? distance was definitely over 2" but couldn't work out exactly sorry. possibly more than 6' 5"

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
To throw a spanner in the works, 182s rarely have 182 bhp. I don't know what the other two dyno at but it's probably book power or above.

Then there's the torque that comes with turbo cars.

The 182 isn't really part of this race imo.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
200T imo
unless you get uber launch and mega gear changes in the 182
Fiat, nah

but tbh who actually cares beforehand? just go have a giggle with your mates/missus and just enjoy the friendly competition, do you really need to know what every other fucker on the planet thinks before the fact?

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Fairly mixed repossess so far. The race will be held at Santa pod RYWB type of thing, around October time I'd imagine.

The 595 isn't a competizone version unfortunately so it's only the 160hp, Unless this was remapped of course.

I agree it's only a little bit of fun between us, but no harm in hearing opinions I guess. Just interesting to see how much is between the Clios in a 'real life' scenario. Rather than just reading spec sheets etc.

Obviously my money is on the 182. I've heard the launch control in 200t is just a wheel spinning exercise..

330i. E30 Touring.
The amount this has been discussed suggests there is pressure. Pressure means someone will miss a gear change. It's not going to be the 200T, so that first. Assuming your partner is a woman, i'm putting her third.

So yeah, 200, 182, then 595 in last place with perfect make-up application during the run.

dan's cast offs.
To be serious it's the driver that will be the thing that wins, cars are close enough that it will be down to reaction times to the lights, missing a shift, changing way to early, bottling it eye...

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
1st 200t 14.7 quarter
2nd 182 if it's your first time at pod and it's a good strong engine 14.9
3rd fiat 15.2
Let me know when I am correct :wink:

Last edited:
  LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I'd go with the 200t by a small margin, I've caught up with 182's quite easily (All be it mines a trophy)

The launch control on these do work, all be in paling in comparison to 4wd, I've had 6.1s using launch and without it's closer to 6.9.

Last edited:

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
2nd 182 if it's your first time at pod and it's a good strong engine 14.9

If it's your first time at pod you'll struggle to get into the 15's for the first few runs.

Not as simple as redline the engine, dump the clutch and make a ten second pass :D

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Well the very same 182 was faster than her 160bhp 500 which I presume is lighter than the 595c?

Given you've stripped weight out of it since I fully expect it to be 'left behind'
So it's between the 182/200t, the 182 was rstuner'd also by the way.

BG Clio 182
The 200t is bound to be faster with launch control. Do the same race from 10mph in first and the 182 will walk it.

The 182 is certainly quicker on a roll than the other 2 but as I say, in a drag race the auto is gonna be hard to beat. Get a mega start and you might have a chance.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk