ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quarter mile times!

RS Clio 200
Don't know if this is in the right section but what sort of times do yous get on the 1/4 mile? I've got a standard 200 and done a 15.7, is that about right? Alot of people were saying they're times were higher than last year for some reason!

RS Clio 200
The tyres I bought the car with are cheap crap and spun most of the way down the strip to be fair haha going back up in march and will fling some decent tyres at it and see how it goes :D

big boost cup
Last time it was on the rollers it was 291 and I had 75hp of nitrous which was playing up (on and off)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
12.3@117 for me with boost on r888's

never taken anything else up the strip, standard Williams does around 14.5-15 seconds, valver around 15.5-16 seconds. not really up on the mk2's

The only times I can put forward are from Santa pod for an Audi TT V6 and a MK2 Focus RS. 14.6 (Wet) and 14 respectively.

So I find it very hard to believe any standard ish Clio getting anything below 15 personally.

Seen many standard ish clios (induction and exhaust) knock out sub 15's and low 14s.
wayne9989

iirc Wayne puts the handbrake half on on the line ,finds the bite applies revs, then drops the handbrake!

Probably the best launch i have seen.:)

Last edited:
  BMW 123d/Rover Metro
My 172 Cup with only breathing mods managed a 14.3 at Shakey.

I lowered the tyre pressures slightly on the front and stiffened the damping up on the rear coilovers to limit squating.

Maybe the timing is different (fluffed) between the place people are using and Santa Pod.

How can a Clio match things like a Focus RS, Tuned Focus ST or Audi TT.

Megane r26
Maybe the timing is different (fluffed) between the place people are using and Santa Pod.

I've done a 14.7 at Santa Pod back in 2011 in my old 172 Clio, all to do with the launch really

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Lad called Bish used to crank out low 13's in 'just' a Williams powered mk1, think he had cams and a super sprint and an off the shelf chip but little else.

ran that on semi slicks and it was all in the launch, the boy couldn't half launch it

if you can get 60ft's down to around 2 dead on semi slicks then your onto a winner :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Got timing slips saying 14.4 on them so not much to disbelieve really. I can see how a fully fully stripped car with decent tyres and a cracking launch could do a 14.1 tbh. Mine only had the back seats out

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Fred told be he ran a 13.9 in the Dynacup. Absolutly no interior and a 'special map'.

I know the timing equpiment is spot on at both Shakey and Santa Pod. It has to be, they host professional drag racing championships, not just amaturish RWYB days.

BMW 123d/Rover Metro

You've openly said you've not been drag racing for years and have never taken your Clio, you're seriously underestimating your car.

The drag strip is a completely different environment to the open road. Cars such as Focus ST's as you've mentioned are useless beyond belief, probably even more so when tuned. I've personally seen them attempting to get off the line spinning one wheel whilst trying to transfer 300 odd hp to the track, hopeless.

The last time i was out in my Clio at Shakespeare Country Raceway a good friend of mine brought along his '09 Audi S3, on the street, a seriously quick car but on the strip however, my car beat him time and time again.

GoPro footage available upon request!

You've openly said you've not been drag racing for years and have never taken your Clio, you're seriously underestimating your car.

The drag strip is a completely different environment to the open road. Cars such as Focus ST's as you've mentioned are useless beyond belief, probably even more so when tuned. I've personally seen them attempting to get off the line spinning one wheel whilst trying to transfer 300 odd hp to the track, hopeless.

The last time i was out in my Clio at Shakespeare Country Raceway a good friend of mine brought along his '09 Audi S3, on the street, a seriously quick car but on the strip however, my car beat him time and time again.

GoPro footage available upon request!

That may ultimately be the case I'm not denying that.

I'm just saying that I'm shocked a Clio would be able to get near a time of a Focus RS for example. Or any other car with a considerably faster 0-60 time. Doesn't make sense to me.

My old DSG TT is seriously quick off the line and more grunt once it's rolling. I just can't see a standard Clio getting near it. I don't think my cammed Clio would either to be honest.

I'm not into drag racing now though so I guess I'll never know lol.

Would be good to see your Clio vs S3 footage.

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
My car weighed 1080kg - RR'd at 184bhp - Power/weight ratio - 170bhp/ton

Scott's Audi S3 weighed 1614kg - 260bhp - Power/weight ratio - 161bhp/ton

Ill get a video up when I'm back from work tonight.