ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

question about ITB's

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
everybody is always on about how the best option is an airbox (in standard trim) etc because of the cold air feed and the danger of heatsoak.

How come all of this goes out the window when it comes to ITB's?
All the installs I have seen on here just put a sock over the trumpets and call it a day...why?

Another question.....how is air measurement done with ITB's, or isn't it?

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
the trumpets sit right infront of the grill se get plenty of cold air direct to them. rather when on a normal setup the intake is at the back of the engine were all the warm air blows past.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
the standard is ribbed as apposed to the smooth samco ( inside) so will allow better air flow

182 cup
the trumpets sit right infront of the grill se get plenty of cold air direct to them. rather when on a normal setup the intake is at the back of the engine were all the warm air blows past.

so an open cone filter will make use of the cold air from the grill too?

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
to some extent yes. but then you have to factor the length of the induction hose to relocate it to the front. which will also effect the gains.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i relocate it to the back ;)

thats what i have been looking to do.. remove the screen wash bottle and replace elsewere with a 1ltre universal jobbie of ebay then have it going into scuttle panel like the mk1 boys do.

if thats what you meant anyways ?

Stripped yozza'd cup
Someone on here had a gorgeous Carbon CAF made that fitted in the scuttle panel.... Can't find the thread though.

Cro

Meg'd r27
All the installs I have seen on here just put a sock over the trumpets and call it a day...why?

Another question.....how is air measurement done with ITB's, or isn't it?

I wouldn't say that at all tbh, I'm not even sure anyone is currently running socks! As far as measurements there s a formula to work out the air mass for filter size and the optimun intake runner length but given the hard work is done once, people just tend to replicate so no need to work it out