ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question for Milltek owners (182)

Just a quick question for milltek owners out there, can anyone help me...im looking to fit a milltek decat pipe to my current milltek cat-back system, do I need to buy a new clamp to join the decat to centre sections, similar to the clamp that milltek supply with the cat-back system that joins their centre to rear sections? Or is the current clamp that joins centre to cat ok? Cant remember exactly as it was a year ago i fitted it, but im sure the cat to centre clamp was a different shape? Sorry if this sounds a daft question, not had a chance to get under the car yet and don't want to get it up on stands to find im missing a piece, also there was no clamp supplied with the decat pipe!

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I think the current clamp will be fine - when my mechanic fitted mine he didn't charge me for a different clamp and said it bolted straight on.

I had it taken off again a bit later though, the noise was just bloody irritating :)

RB Clio 182
I thought the noise was nice with my milltek when my car was standard, not too loud but a very nice note above 5k.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I like the exhaust very much, just found it too much with the decat on it too. Mine is a non-resonated system and some of the interior is stripped which didn't help with the noise. :)

I think the current clamp will be fine - when my mechanic fitted mine he didn't charge me for a different clamp and said it bolted straight on.

I had it taken off again a bit later though, the noise was just bloody irritating :smile:

Excellent cheers, that would be fine if that's the case, I'm sure they would have sent out a clamp packaged with the pipe if one was required eh. Also I don't remember getting a new clamp from milltek with the cat back system to join the centre to cat at the time, sure I used the existing standard Renault one to join the new centre to cat! Iv got a resonated system so hoping it will sound just nice and not too loud, hopefully won't be coming straight back off anyway 😂