ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

questions about the dynamique!

1.4 dynamique (soon)
im looking for what i beleive is a mk2 ph2 dynamique 1.4 BUT i have some faint memory of finding slight differences between an early 00;s model and one from a few years on? something to do with fog light surrounds or something? ive been looking into clio's for ages now but as im without enough money to get her untill early 2014 ive given my head a break from car plans for a few weeks and seemed to have forgotten what i narrowed it down to! if someone could run through all of the 1.4 dynamique clios with what each one has on or is missing compared to others id really appreciate it!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ph2 started 2001 Y plate, was facelifted around 2004 53 plate, got different wheels (15" version of 172 wheels) different front bumper with a different lower grill and fog lights bulge out a bit, different upper grill, grey back headlights, colourcoded rear spoiler and different interior, different dials with digital fuel and coolant temp gauges

I found 1.4 and 1.6 16v were about the same insurance wise and running costs are much the same but the 1.6 is a nicer engine to drive with more torque, id go 1.2 16v for cheap motoring or 1.6 16v for a bit more poke, or of course diesel power

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
There was also a minor facelift mid way through 2002 where auto lights and wipers were added

1.4 dynamique (soon)
thats the one, cheers pal! just needed to refresh my memory! im still doing lessons but ive just been quoted £120 ppm fully comp on my own (not bad considering my age and experience!) thats on a mk2 facelift 1.4, ill check out a 1.6 now insurance wise!

Arctic 182FF
Comments above should answer everything about the differences in spec. I'd suggest getting a diesel though, I've just bought a 2004 dci80 and it's a huge improvement from my old 1.2 16v, they're amazing on fuel (I get over 80mpg), they have loads more torque and with a remap have more than enough power. Good luck with your first car!

Arctic 182FF
I didn't check diesel prices at the time because I didn't even think about getting one. Worth having a look though, I'm not sure of the prices for new drivers anymore.

1.4 dynamique (soon)
ill search up the 1.4, 1.5dci & a 172 and let you know insurance prices all with the shitty box and 0 no claims :headno:

1.4 dynamique (soon)
just been quoted £3,200 with 'insure.' for the 1.4

and for a dci 80 its £3,100 ... was not expecting that..

the 172 comes back as £8k :O with £450 excess!!!!

WELL ... at just gone two am, who wants to give me the pro's and con's of the dci dynamique compared to a 1.4 dynamique! :rasp:

just been quoted £3,200 with 'insure.' for the 1.4

and for a dci 80 its £3,100 ... was not expecting that..

the 172 comes back as £8k :O with £450 excess!!!!

WELL ... at just gone two am, who wants to give me the pro's and con's of the dci dynamique compared to a 1.4 dynamique! :rasp:

Better on fuel ;)

Some have the cool pack (Digital climate control and electric sunroof).

Whatever clio you buy the sunroof will leak! (unless you buy a campus which has no sunroof)

Arctic 182FF

Dci Dynamique is better in every way...
Better fuel economy, more torque, more power if you remap it, cheaper road tax (£20 per year). Just get a dci, srsly.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
They're not £3K a year good though. Has the op tried other small hatch backs?

Arctic 182FF
They're not £3K a year good though. Has the op tried other small hatch backs?
Agreed, I was just answering the question of dci vs 1.4.

However, I had to fork out £2660 for my first year's car insurance on a 1.2 16v clio and that was 2 years ago, that price sounds about right, scandalous as it is.

Same boat as you mate! Although now im racking up a few years no claims! Ill stay in this 1.4 for a few good years before i go into an actual 182.

In the mean time say hello to my 1.4 Dynamique:

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

Say ive wasted money all you want! i friggin love this thing now. money well spent in my eyes! Seeming im staying in it for a good 4/5ish years i want to actually like my car (;

Oh and you WILL want to at some point over dramatically end your life if you have a sunroof. If you get a sunroof model be prepared to take the thing apart and seal it properly yourself.

That is one of the best reps I've seen in a long time. Please bring it too a meet!

Aha thanks man! im loving it, i think i love it more than an actual 182. The exhaust is custom made from a local experienced fabricator down my end, both tailpipes fully working and it sounds ridiculous, straight from cat back with no middle box. i think i might have to put a middle box in as it sounds like a scooby, heads turn and see a fake 182 hahaha. Its loud, but it sounds good loud, ive heard tons of exhausts sounding like constant droning farts or as if the cars about to blow up. This is definately not that sound :) Only give away is the sunroof and the rear drums.

Ive wanted to come to a meet for a good while but theres never any real localish nottingham ones for me to come to.

1.4 dynamique (soon)
Same boat as you mate! Although now im racking up a few years no claims! Ill stay in this 1.4 for a few good years before i go into an actual 182.

In the mean time say hello to my 1.4 Dynamique:

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

Say ive wasted money all you want! i friggin love this thing now. money well spent in my eyes! Seeming im staying in it for a good 4/5ish years i want to actually like my car (;

DUDE I WANT YOUR CAR, HOLY s**t SHE BADDDD :D LOVE THAT !!!

1.4 dynamique (soon)
tbh the only thing im not liking about the 1.4 dynamique is the f**king sunroof leaking and the vile plastic grey bumpers!!