ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

quick 172 wheel question

Clio 172
Just a quick one, hopefully someone on here will know the answer.

Got a Phase 2 172 which came with some nasty 17" 100+ wheels on it, got the original ones with the car which i've had refurbed and look brand new now!:)

Only problem is when it came to changing the wheels over the standard wheels seem to have quite a bit of space between the back of the wheel and the hub when the wheels are offered up.
The backs of the original wheels have 4 slots machined out of them so was wondering if the originals use any kind of spacer on them? If so where can i get them from?

Apologies for any outstanding levels of stupidity here. It wouldn't be the first time!!!!:eek:

Any help greatly appreciated.

clio 182
i bought a 182 with some drug dealer rims on it and i changed them for the 172 cup wheels but i had the same problem i had a big washer around the hubs so got a old chissel hit it of and a perfect fit

Clio 172
Nice one thought it might be the case but didn't want to smash the hubs to bits!!!

Hopefully the car will handle properly again soon once it get my 'drug dealer rims' off:D