ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick 2.0 question!!!!!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Would it cost the same or cheaper to buy a megane 2.0 engine and swap the bottom end for mine than to have the bottom end of mine completely rebuilt...?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Hmmmm I rang over 40 scrappies a few weeks ago without any luck. Im still waiting for a quote from the guy whos doing most of the work. But if its going to cost as much to rebuild as it is to buy a 2.0 lump and swap the bottom end over then I may as well wait untill I can get one!

If not ill have to stick with the 1.8!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Another quickie... I just bought kent cams for my 16v. Would these work ok with the 2.0 bottom or would I need willy cams?????

Thanks for any help, its just i need to get my car back on the road asap.

Craig

Yep, the 1.8 cams will work with the 2.0l bottom end, as far as Im aware theyre have identical profile, the 2.0l ones just have slightly higher lift.

FRST and 106 GTi

till know cant tell why the valver sins on torque and the willy doesnt. :( cams or just because of the bottom end? eheh still hitting my head on this one. :p