ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick brake question :)

Stripped the rear drum down today on my 1993 RT, and found that the brake shoes are Bendix.
All i could see on the wheel cylinder was the 'D' on the top of it, am i right i thinking that will also be Bendix and not Girling?
I need to replace both the cylinder and shoes.

A couple of pics which might help...

SP_A1582.jpg

SP_A1579.jpg

Thanks for any help :star:

Gav

It will say bendix/girling on the cylinder somewhere otherwise I forget which that is by looking. Your local motorfacotr is likly to have both in stock so go then and you'll know having stripped it down which you want.

Cheers edde, come across another problem. The nut on the back on the cylinder that joins the brake pipe has rounded off, any chance of getting it off without having to get a new brake pipe?

Cheers edde, come across another problem. The nut on the back on the cylinder that joins the brake pipe has rounded off, any chance of getting it off without having to get a new brake pipe?

Nope pipes are cheap to make up though.