ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Cup Tyre Questions

1.) How many miles did the front tyres ( contis ) on your 172 Cup last until they needed changing?

2.) What tyres did you replace them with?

Cheers

So Far I have done 9K with the Contis and both the front and back tyres are still looking good.

What are all of you doing to wear your tyres out so quickly, do you always wheelspin your cars off the lights??

Grrrrr, the spamming thing is cutting in again!

Ive just done over 9000miles and im probably about 500miles from being illegal on front and back! ive only done 4000 of those miles and they werent great when i got them! Im thinking either Rainsports or Pilot Exaltos next, what would people recommend out of those to.

Max

Just rang my local tyre fitters, Alba Tyres, and got them to give me a quote on Rainsports, he said £77 a tyre including fitting! Thats like £20 a tyre to fit as they are £47 on http://www.mytyres.comwww.mytyres.com. Anyhow i spoke to the garage i used to get my old car serviced at and they will fit and balance them if i supply the tyre, for £6 a tyre, which i think is a truck load more reasonable!

Max

clio 172 MKII

im just about to change to my 3rd set of fronts in about 13k of driving. Milton Keynes for you though with all the roundabouts - First set were the Contis, 5.5k and F1s are now on the limit with 7.5k. NOT GOOD.

What can I try next?? any Ideas? something a little more hardwearing I think but I cant compromise on handling......

Clio 197

You guys must be driving like maniacs to go through tyres like that! My car spends an awful lot of time on the ring with the tyres howling, not hanging about at all. My rears ahve plenty of life left on them. Must be because only oe of them is on the ground at a time...

Clio Williams No123

Quote: Originally posted by LEWY on 16 April 2004

im just about to change to my 3rd set of fronts in about 13k of driving. Milton Keynes for you though with all the roundabouts - First set were the Contis, 5.5k and F1s are now on the limit with 7.5k. NOT GOOD.

What can I try next?? any Ideas? something a little more hardwearing I think but I cant compromise on handling......
Milton Keynes is tyre killer city.

clio 172 MKII

Maybe Ill try the pilots next then - itd be nice to find a tyre im happy with! I find the F1s tram line more than the Contis did to be honest wasnt that impressed wiv em..

Clio Williams No123

Pilots are pretty good, but i get the feeling theyre not gonna last long....they seem more soft an sticky than the contis.....which is good.....but also bad....

They are quiter than the contis though, when it comes to road noise. which is a godsend :)