ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick electic window question

Clio 172 cup
Hi Guys,
I have a simple question relating to electric windows on a 172 2002.
Perhaps someone can test it if nobody knows the answer.
My newly acquired 172 has had the interior removed and only the drivers door electric window switch is plugged in.
the passenger side has been removed.
using the drivers side switch...
When I press the button for the drivers window it works fine - you can hear the relay clicking
when I press the button for the passenger window there is no click and no action

Someone has been messing around with the wiring on the passenger door (perhaps trying to fix the problem - badly)
If the passenger switch is not plugged in, will the passenger window work from the drivers switch? I'm wondering if the circuit goes through the passenger switch.

Might be easier if I had a wiring diagram but I've only had the car a few hours...

Thanks
Stu

Clio 172 cup
I'm going to get a Haynes manual tomorrow so I can see the wiring diagram. I've looked into it and it appears it could be a number of things but I know the motor is fine as it works if you bridge the connection from the drivers side motor.