ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick intro from Leamington Spa

a black one
Hello all,

Some of you may have seen that I have posted on this forum before and thanks to many of the very very useful threads i have learnt so much about my car.

This however is my first post as a cliosport.net paid member, therefore thought it was only good manners to introduce myself...

I live in Leamington Spa, and after many a few years of admiration for the cliosports I purchased my first BG 182 back in February of this year ...I have not looked back since!!!

I kind of got a bit lucky really. When purchasing the car as I wasn't necessarily looking for a 182 at the time, but then I stumbled upon this absolute diamond of an example! Although it is the standard 182, with no cup packs, with the exception of the cup spoiler, the car had only covered 23K miles, one female owner who had bought it from the same dealer where I got it from, full service history, immaculate inside out and a price tag of £6K. I got the dealer to £5.5k just because they wanted to keep cars moving off the forecourt.

Anyway, enough waffling! All I can say is I love the car to bits and still 5 months down the line, cannot wait to get behind the wheel and give her a bit of a rip!! I don't have any major plans to modify, but would like to improve the handling (although it is pretty faultless already!) by of modifying the suspension, probably in the way of different springs (after much research I'm think Eibach Prolines) without lowering the car too much. And when the OE dampers decide they have had enough I will probably replace them with the Koni Adjustables, thoughts on this welcome....!

So, to finish, I would just like to say a BIG hello to everybody on this forum, and look forward to many a useful interaction about this legendary little hot hatch that the team at Renaultsport produced, and that we all can't get enough of.

Thanks in advance.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Hello mate, sounds like a great car and a good price too.

I live in Stratford so not far from you. I generally see 1/2 CSers cars every time i'm in leam so keep your eyes peeled for them.

a black one
Hello mate, sounds like a great car and a good price too.

I live in Stratford so not far from you. I generally see 1/2 CSers cars every time i'm in leam so keep your eyes peeled for them.

You're not wrong...I see no end of 172's, 182's, 197's and even a blue vee on Sunday in leamington!

Clio 1.8 16V 3d
Hi mate.. welcome. there are alot of us around in lem.. will have to do a meet or something soon for everyone around here.

MGP W02
Hi there - I am in Warwick and have sportlines on my 172 so if you want a ride out let me know.

a black one
Hi there - I am in Warwick and have sportlines on my 172 so if you want a ride out let me know.

Thanks for the offer mate, however I have just ordered my Prolines from Kam racing so hoping to get them fitted next week.
Did you fit your spring yourself? Think I'm going to as was quoted £100 + VAT just to swap the bloody springs ...con!!!

MGP W02
Speak to Fred off here - he fitted mine for me. Top bloke - and is only based outside of Bham

Breaking mk2 DCI
welcome mate im only in nuneaton silver 182, work have an office in Leam so am there quite abit,