ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Mac Book pro Q

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Looking to buy one this week..

My mate gets student discount of 13-15% then I can claim the VAT back @20% as i'll pay with my company card.

Was looking at the 13" £999 one.. then saw this online..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004P8JCY8/?tag=cliospnet01-21

I know I wont be able to get the discount but this is a backup plan if the student thing fails... are these refurbs? Why cheaper than apple?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Am I right in thinking that if I’m using the Mac Book for work which would mean I'd have a reasonable number of photos stored, documents and maybe run PS..plus all the usual stuff (music and the likes) that the Air won’t cut it?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Cool. Only problem may be that the invoice name won't be the student? (for me to claim the vat)

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
I'm looking at 13" MBP anybody know if there is much difference between the i5 and i7 is it noticeable?

DB.

BMW 440i
I ordered online recently, got all the discounts and the free £65 voucher.

As much as i wanted to buy in store, it was better to buy online, only took 4 days I think!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking at 13" MBP anybody know if there is much difference between the i5 and i7 is it noticeable?

Depends on what you are doing, if you're using it for massively intensive CPU stuff then any extra grunt will make a difference.

If it's just general usage then no you probably won't notice it.

I went for the i5 as couldn't really justify the extra £250 odd quid for the i7 and a few more GB on the hard drive.

Ram will make more difference tbh.

I just stuck 12gb in my i3 iMac at work and programs open in seconds now(one bounce of the icon in the dock). That's while running 2 full screen virtual machines in spaces.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
I'll be mainly using it for dj'ing and music things. So I think I will need to spec the hardrive up from the 320 to either 500 or prob 750gb has anybody updated them when ordering or is it easy to do like ram?

As much as i wanted to buy in store, it was better to buy online, only took 4 days I think!

Mine came next day ;) I ordered over the phone, as I didn't want to travel to the local Apple store and I didn't know about the way around doing it online at the time (I still thought that you had to be on campus to get the discount, which I cba to have travelled up to Uni just to order something ;) )

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Ordered it.

Also got a free £65 voucher when I bought? Not sure what it can be used on?

Bought a incase shoulder bag for it it too.

ouush!

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Hella gay.

Buy online and you get 3 years AppleCare included.

Is this definatly true?

Ive just received my air - got the free £65 voucher and I've checked the status of the warranty online and it tells m i need to extend to the 3 years??

Should this be included then?

Thanks

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
ive just orderd mine 13" mbp thanks for the student discount link. i did go for a hard drive upgrade as im not good with compters so dont wana f**k it up .
but i will do a ram change.

only prob is 3 days till it gets sent and then bank holiday so i may get it in a week or so.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
only prob is 3 days till it gets sent and then bank holiday so i may get it in a week or so.

All build to orders are shipped directly from the factory in China.....unless you cannot avoid it (MBA memory etc) then never buy anything other than a "base model" because it takes ages to get here!

Is this definatly true?

Ive just received my air - got the free £65 voucher and I've checked the status of the warranty online and it tells m i need to extend to the 3 years??

Thanks

Screen%20shot%202011-08-25%20at%2016.06.52.png

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
All build to orders are shipped directly from the factory in China.....unless you cannot avoid it (MBA memory etc) then never buy anything other than a "base model" because it takes ages to get here!

ah crap hence why my email says it will be deliverd on the 6th of sept (when im on holiday) :(

ah well atleast it will bebrand new

Unless your doing major video editing the i5 will be fine
Any more questions you might have just drop me a pm =]

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Is this definatly true?

i ordered mine through the student site and mine also says i don't have the applecare do you have to register it to get it or what?

Thanks

I've got the same thing ordered mine through the student site and I've checked online and not got applecare do you have to register or something?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
It takes about a month for them to process the 3 year warranty, but it does come through eventually.