ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Protection spray

I am looking for something quick to seal the car, My car is due a wash and I dont have the time to be applying sealants or waxes.

Is thier a spray sealant or something similar which is quick and easy to apply which will last around 2weeks?

Maybe Z8 or werkstat?

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
I've just got Chemical Guys hybrid V7, recommended by magpie V6. Very easy, good gloss and smells pretty good!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The jett is the spray sealant mate and probably the longest lasting out of any spray sealants. It's decent. You don't need glos it's a QD.

The best short term spray top up is Z8 but it's only for topping up like the BF. The jett is more a solid sealant dude.

Can't you just put a solid wax on it and apply say z8 every 2 washes?

Z8 will transform the look of you paint. Think of it as Z6 but with protection. :D

I can put a layer of wax on but i just dont have the time, so the Jett seems like the perfect option for me at the minute. Always good to have one in the collection too.

If I was to get say a Z8 type I would proberly go with the BF as i have the BF GEP & AFFP already.

Thanks Gally, PS is being rubbish today. Boo!

R26 + EV0 FQ340
I've used the dodo qd which was pritty good - Red mist. On freshly prepped paint it lasted a good month or so and the beading was still good.

I do rate red mist (tropical), just used it on my mums car as I don't have time to wax it.

Great beading from it.

I have just bought the Jett need it for Sat so paid the 1-2day delivery fingers crossed.

I paid £0.03p :)

Paypal account has just gone to £0.

C222222 C2 C2 C2 C2.

Spray on, spray on spray on spray on.

Glass, plastics, paint, rubber. Done.

IMG_8977.gif

Just used my Jett nice and easy to apply also quick.

Went the jetwash station while i was out and the BF AFPP is still beading so just gave it a quick wash, came home wiped down with Z6 and topped with the Werkstat.

Looks really nice!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
C2 as JD says. just as quick to apply, but with 5x more durability and self cleaning properties when it rains

STEALTH RAIDER
Im a massive C2 fan, excellent stuff. If bought neat, you can dilute it how you want it too. Recently been using my V7 though as i bought 2 16oz bottles and never really touched it. Very good gloss levels from this but my views on protection are yet to be answered.

Not a 320d
Pisch! My watery pisch works better! It's cheap for a reason! ;)

If youve used it, which I assume you have, you wouldnt say that. Lets assume youre not winding me up here.

Months Protection on bare paintwork, easy to use and glossy. Beads and sheets well.

Ive never used C2 and probably wont, because If i ever use a spray sealant, it would be megs 135, and I wouldnt use that except in winter anyway.

Looking at the review of C2 on DW, im sure its a little better and much more durable but....

£120 just under for 1 Litre.

vs

4.5L for £30

Also, Megs 135 provides beading like, if not better than that, and after a wash provides the same sheeting and beading as that does. I use it because its ideal to spray down a company hack after a wash and if I used C2 it would cost me more money than I earn.

Last edited:
  S4, Tamora, Conti GT
I put AG EGP into a spray bottle, only takes 15 mins to cover the car/wipe off, great for quick easy shine after a wash when I can't be bothered to hand rub in my DODO Juice

Not a 320d
The whole point of EGP is to apply with an applicator evenly, wait an hour to do its thing, then remove with a cloth.

I am really happy with my Werkstat Jett think i made the right decision.

I don't think i will ever buy C2 either as I like to give my car a good going over now and again. No point using C2 if I am going to do that, also no point putting it on if I am only going to strip it back in a few weeks time.

Wait and see I might get fed when I get older or when I get more lazy.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
no way in the world you can compare C2 to m135, I've not used it but a friend often does. And in relation to cost, 1x neat application every 6months and the odd 5 or 10% dilute means it last just as long. JS 182, If you wanted it as just a 5% QD then 2l for approx £15 is the same as any other sealer QD if not better

If youve used it, which I assume you have, you wouldnt say that. Lets assume youre not winding me up here.

Months Protection on bare paintwork, easy to use and glossy. Beads and sheets well.

Ive never used C2 and probably wont, because If i ever use a spray sealant, it would be megs 135, and I wouldnt use that except in winter anyway.

Looking at the review of C2 on DW, im sure its a little better and much more durable but....

£120 just under for 1 Litre.

vs

4.5L for £30

Also, Megs 135 provides beading like, if not better than that, and after a wash provides the same sheeting and beading as that does. I use it because its ideal to spray down a company hack after a wash and if I used C2 it would cost me more money than I earn.

F56 MINI Cooper S
I put AG EGP into a spray bottle, only takes 15 mins to cover the car/wipe off, great for quick easy shine after a wash when I can't be bothered to hand rub in my DODO Juice

I may do this, good idea this, just simply empty it into a spray bottle and job done.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
AH Z8! I'd bathe in it if I could.

I used it on a wash marred black Mini the other day to take a couple of pictures for sale. My god works even better on s**t paint!

I am really happy with my Werkstat Jett think i made the right decision.

I don't think i will ever buy C2 either as I like to give my car a good going over now and again. No point using C2 if I am going to do that, also no point putting it on if I am only going to strip it back in a few weeks time.

Wait and see I might get fed when I get older or when I get more lazy.

All reasons why I wanted C2. I can't clean the car that often now and certainly can't detail it as I'd like.

C2 goes everywhere incl plastics metal and glass. The ease of use and looks sold it for me. Also, so far, it's done three months without top ups and still looks and beads very very well.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I love using things like that on plastic. One of the reasons I was going to get Zymol Carbon a while back. Meant to be awesome on black texture and plastics.

Oh nano express on plastics... facking awesome!

I am thinking about getting some Zymol Carbon, how do you rate it with other waxes in its price range?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm for the extra few quick i'd be looking at Titanium or RG55. Raceglaze is simply fantastic on all levels tbf.

Carbon is better than it's rival Onyx though. Trying to think what else is in it's range. As an entry to Zymol waxes it's great but you'll be reapplying more often than not.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Do plenty of research mate. Depends what you're looking for in a wax tbh. :)

Yeah i will do. I want something that looks good but isn't super durable I dont want 6months protection, say about 1-3months maybe.

I still a newbie with Waxes :eek: might be time to sign up to DW.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Haha! I urge you don't! Not unless you don't value your bank account! It's terrible for making you spend money! Took me 3 years to get a product selection i'm happy with. Was always chopping and changing!

Chemical guys 50/50 is a very good wax mate. Easily 3 months. But on Red i'd settle for a small pot of vics Red concours. Beautiful wax mate. And cheap.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/victoria-wax/victoria-wax-3oz-concours-wax/prod_312.html

Haha spent enough already and I'm a beginner.

Will the vics go well on top off my BF AFPP?

Also got a panel pot of orange crush see hpw that is.