ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick question..clio 172 cup

I think ive read somewhere that the Cup comes with a shift light in the dash. Is this true or is it just wishfull thinking on my behalf?

Its on the bottom right hand side, it comes on when you turn the ignition, and then just before you need to shift of course! Its difficult to see it too clearly if your concentrating where your going.

The shift light only come on near the redlline its not one of these which tells you the best time to shift its a warning only.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Its pretty useless on the mk2 & Cup, its tucked away in the bottom right hand corner of the clocks, nowhere near the rev counter!

Better on the mk1 as its near the rev counter and more visible...

Yeah, its stupid. I was hoping it would be a prominent thing in the centre of the dials but its a funny looking green logo that lights up.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Sounds like a waste of time to me. I mean, to keep one eye on the light and the other on the road, youd have to be...well, youd have to be one weird looking dude.

Surely Renault should have included a sensor in the gearknob, which simply sends an electric shock to the driver when he should change gear. Much simpler. You could turn it off too, if you liked.

BMW X5, Exige 260.

Anyone who cannot tell when to shift up without a light to tell them should stick to automatic diesels.