ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick question re: paint!

Never above 25mpg
I've always used normal primer for everything which might be my downfall but as it's metallic I'd say normal primer... Just did my front diamond in the same colour as the car, gave it a wet sand and a couple coats of paint and lacquer and it looks the business (bar a couple stone chips) :)

I don't have a clue how this will look, last time i tried spraying something I drove around with primered wing mirrors for approximately 6 months! The look didn't catch on... Worth another shot, I spose!

Never above 25mpg
LOL, nice bit of grey primer or whatever your primer's meant to be for your basecoat then a couple layers and a wetsand and then the paint and lacquer but Im hardly an expert, you should PM Middo for some paint advice Lacey :)

LOL, nice bit of grey primer or whatever your primer's meant to be for your basecoat then a couple layers and a wetsand and then the paint and lacquer but Im hardly an expert, you should PM Middo for some paint advice Lacey :)

Bought the normal primer already, but may be pm'ing middo frantically tomorrow after we try doing it. :S

Never above 25mpg
The front diamond really is one of the easiest things to do :D

How I did mine was roughing up the surface with some wet & dry 800. Then 2 layers of primer and a quick wetsand with 1200 wet & dry. (probably needed more primer but ive run out)

Then a layer or two of the paint I had (run out of that too :()

And about 4 layers of lacquer left to dry.

Between the primer, paint and lacquer give them a day to dry properly and make sure it's not in a dusty area (if you do use the garage make sure you dampen the floor first so it soaks up surround dust)

Then after the final layer of lacquer is dried the next day you should stick it in the oven at a low temperature for a while or in the airing cupboard for a couple days to let the lacquer harden!

Might sound long but better to be done properly