ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick question with putting ignition coil leads in

172 CUP
I'm gonna sound like a plonker, I changed my spark plugs and took the leads out without looking at which spark plug they go to.

Can anyone tell me what order they need to go in please? Cheers

it's a mk2 ph1 1.4 8v

172 CUP
this is how i curremtly have the leads in, it sounds like it wants to fire up but doesn't

20100206_001-1.jpg

do the spark plugs have to go in in a certain order?

as you can see from the pic (going left to right) i have ignition coil 1 to spark plug 1, ignition coil 2 to spark plug 4, ignition coil 3 to spark plug 2 and ignition coil 4 to spark plug 3

cheers

Each coil pack fires a pair of cylinders, 1+4 and 2+3, so try changing so the left hand coil pack is firing 2+3, and the other 1+4.

172 CUP
cheers for your help evs, turns out i did have them the right way round the engine just needed a bit of persuading to start up lol, fires up first time every time now :) i just now have to get the 2 front wheel bearings replaced then i can drive it lol.