ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Shift

had it fitted yesterday at Ktec- brill mod, go get it done. They use the B&M unit which is one of the best available.

Very positive gear change with greatly reduced travel between gears.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

good stuff. i would like one but cant justify spending that sort of money on it hehe. probably cos that more than a months wages for me. bloody poor students ;0)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

can u tell me if u can use a custom gear knob on it? is it still lift reverse?

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

I have one on my valver... gorgeous, i love it!

David: not sure about the custom gear nob... but yes it is still lift up reverse!

Would you say that this would make any difference on a 1/4 mile run for instance ?

What is it like for everyday driving around town and the like ?

I have been looking at one of these for a while now, I will get to see it in action when I go to Curborough next week no doubt.

they are quick !! so do help on 1/4 miling I think - but they are stiff and quite hard work for everyday driving in London for instance

Nippy white cup

Me too! Have heard nothing but good things about these. As for a difference on the 1/4 mile I would say yes. It will be a very small difference but every little bit counts. Ill see you next Thursday m8!

Chris

Hmmmmmm, this could well be added to my list of mods.

Chris, you are off to Curborough too ? Have you got the Quick Shift ?

As for a Cliosport 1/4 meet, I have posted a thread in the Meetings forum about the 1/4 miling season, I think Nick Read is sorting it out when his Turbod Valver is on the road.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

It does feel very heavy at first, but to be honist.. you get used to it, and you change gear in a matter of milliseconds, like a heavy clutch, annoying but you get used to it.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 31 March 2004

Its on the 12th of April m8 (Bank holiday Monday)

Will you be going?

Chris
yes, hopefully. if my car has a gearbox by then anyway hehe.