ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quickjack lift

Ian964

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF & Cayman R
I've never really liked using axle stands, so bought a Quickjack lift:

49368098921_531640cab8_c_d.jpg

Feels very secure, and so easy to use (after a bit of a job to get it set up the first time).

Ed Hodson

ClioSport Club Member
Do you have any more pictures?

How does the lifting mechanism work? Is it hydraulic?

How much did you pay and where did you buy it from?

Ian964

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF & Cayman R
as per Oss link above, or https://www.quickjacklift.co.uk/
(they’re the same company).
This is the 5000SLX, so was £1335 delivered. It’s hydraulic, the pump is driven from a 12v supply - I just use a 12v jump starter which works well.

It’s reasonably portable as well, I was at a track day a few weeks ago and someone had one there.

You do need to provide the hydraulic fluid, needs about 2.5l, I just got some Comma stuff off Amazon

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Surely the whole idea is to do away with jacking each corner individually and not to do away with axle stands?
Costco have these in stock for around £700, cant remember if thats with or without vat
If you have the space and paying £1200+ I woukd be going for a proper scissor lift

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Presumably it locks to negate the use of axle stands.
Pretty expensive for what it is tho you can get two post lifts for that much.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
They are bloody awesome. Not as good as a proper lift but who has the space and the foundations to cope with one at home?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve been after these since the car fell on me 2 years ago.

£1500 ish is a lot of outlay though

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Automotech ones are awesome, £475 for the adjustable ones and particularly if you us it in it's tilting mode you can get the car really high.

I like the quickjack. Only the price puts me off.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Ive wanted one of these for a while but thats a high price. Ive got a real problem working under cars on axle stands.

Why? I'd much prefer stands to a lift like this.

If you're that worried, get more stands and stick them under. I'm always mega cautious so put more stands under than is needed.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Tbh its just me being odd.

I do get it though. I once had a car slip slightly years ago when I was using a crappy small jack and that was enough to s**t me up. The next day I went out and bought a 3 ton Sealey jack.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not even gonna bother getting a new pair of trolley jacks, might just get a lift like the above and save myself some hassle!

Already told my mrs the garage at the new house is getting flattened and a 24ft one is getting built with a single phase 2 poster 😂

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
I'm not even gonna bother getting a new pair of trolley jacks, might just get a lift like the above and save myself some hassle!

Already told my mrs the garage at the new house is getting flattened and a 24ft one is getting built with a single phase 2 poster 😂

Im trying to convince the wife that a garage rebuild is necessary for our current extension :LOL:

I saw these being demonstrated at Autosport a couple of years ago. They seem nice bits of kit.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Im trying to convince the wife that a garage rebuild is necessary for our current extension :LOL:

I saw these being demonstrated at Autosport a couple of years ago. They seem nice bits of kit.
Yeah I've told mine I'm having a 24ft garage with a lift. I can build one with my old man and grandad, my dad extended his into an L shape😂