ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quinn direct

MK1 Clio Versailles
My insurance is up for renewal on the 20th and I've been shopping around after deciding to get my own insurance.

So far Quinn have come back with £1027.68 and I've been passed since May 2006, have a MK1 Clio 1.2 and name driving experience.

Is this probably the best quote I'll get? And what is Quinns stance on alloys as there is no section to declare mods or anything...

cheers!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
thats not bad at all to be honest mate.

whats the website for quinn?
you probably have to ring up and declare them, i had to with norwhich union

Leon Cupra R 225
Bell Direct or Admiral. Buy it online though as it's much cheaper. Can't get a quote this late at night though

DUB mk2 golf gti!
im 18 bin driving since may,but quinn give way better quotes than that!i was geting quotes for 1200 tpft on valvers!:D QUINN ROCK!AND ELEPHANT!

MK1 Clio Versailles
I might ring Quinn incase they can better the online price, although I doubt it. My mates looking to insure on a 1.4 MG ZR and it's £100 more than his Corsa 1.2 now.

Monaco Blue Mk2
I might ring Quinn incase they can better the online price, although I doubt it. My mates looking to insure on a 1.4 MG ZR and it's £100 more than his Corsa 1.2 now.

I tried that mate, they cant, said the lowest they can do is the online quote.

See My Clio? Tell Me
im currently insured with quinn there very good unfortunately had a bump whilst with them too. they where very good car was still drivable had me take it to 2 different garages (ringways want to replace just about every bit of the car went way ott with the quote) got the car booked in with a company in barnsley 4 days after the bump got it back about a week later quote came in at about 1600 all i paid was 100 and odd excess cant fault em i delt mainly with a woman from the a village local to me im only 19 and now ive lost mi no claims just hoping they aint gunna have mi pants down lol

im a bus driver so im always on the road and thats mi only crash, why did it have to be in my own car :(

ITB BG 182
bugger quinn they quoted me more than what im paying with directline at the moment.Try greenlight insurance as for example im payin 1180 with directline an ive been driving 32 months got a clio 182 ff an have a cat1 alarm/immob plus 2 years ncd an greenlight just quoted me £550 as standard or £655 with full exhaust and ik with a 30mm drop. As soon as i told directline i had a full milltek they bumpd it up by £400 and when i said i had an IK they wanted another £200. So near to 2k just for simple mods............. i dont fcuking think so mr

182 Cup
I was with Quinn until I bought the 182, they wouldnt even quote me for a 182 as they say you have to be over 30! I'm 26 ffs, not some 18 year old boy racer so that was unfortunately the end of that.
They give great quotes for N. Ireland and its good to see our quotes coming down a bit.

A3 1.8T
Think that is fairly expensive, with Quin-Direct (well will be in 3days) £1054 Mk1 1.4 named driver with a provisional + 2 additional drivers but that didnt change the price at all

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
quinn dont like performance cars i know so many people who are with them with 1.2s ect and in there first year driving, i saved over 400 with them on my first 1.2 really cant fault them.
they wouldnt qoute me on the 172 tho as i needed to be over 25 witch i can understand.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Quinn are very good - cheapest quote I could get when I passed the test in Sept 02.
That was £1900 3rd party F&T on a 1997 Clio 1.2 RL (19yrs old)
It's now £510 fully comp on an 04 dci with all the mods & 4 yrs NCB :)

Everytime I rang them, about anything - I'd always ask for a quote on the 172, to recieve various answers mostly;
"We don't insure that car for anyone of any age"

Greenlight gave me a quote for a 172 last month which was only £150 more than I'm paying on the dci :)

As for mods, all cosmetic modifications are ok, any that affect perfomance or suspension need to have a form filled in & signed by a VAT registered mechanic to state that the car is legaly fit for the road.

I have declared everything (bodykit, alloys, exhaust, coilovers and had a tunning box on) - no change to the premium :D

MK1 Clio Versailles
I think I'm gonna go with Quinn now, it's still by far the cheapest quote and from the sounds of it they're a good company.

172 coming soon
No NCB, no previous driving experience, own name, fully comp, all mods declared (engineers report needed for suspension and rear disc conversion), 18 years old, only had licence 1 day, postcode in Northern Ireland, and a few other things that insurance companies dont really like... £1900 all in, with windscreen cover, breakdown assistance, courtesy car if needed etc etc..

Quinn are a good insurance company when it comes to cheap premiums, but try putting in for a claim :O