ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

quite upset......

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Fiesta ST-2
Why are you upset? Why did you feel the need to tell anyone this? AC makes little difference to the performance. Did you not feel a cold icy breeze? What the hell is wrong with you?

:D Is it friday already?

I often lapped Brands Hatch with my aircon on full blast. I liked the cool air more than the 0.1 seconds a lap it lost me.

OP, I would suggest you get your car serviced. The lack of performance you've noticed has nothing to do with your aircon.

ITB'd MK1
lot of "clever" people on here today. AC being on could potantially sap 10bhp, about the same as adding a decent set of cams would gain you. Now everyone will say they noticed the difference adding the cams, so why wouldn't you notice a 10bhp drop?

Still in doubt, drive up a hill and turn AC on while you're trying to accelerate up it

ITB'd MK1
lot of "clever" people on here today. AC being on could potantially sap 10bhp, about the same as adding a decent set of cams would gain you. Now everyone will say they noticed the difference adding the cams, so why wouldn't you notice a 10bhp drop?

Still in doubt, drive up a hill and turn AC on while you're trying to accelerate up it

Fiesta ST-2
Touché giraffe! Regarding power loss I'm presuming it was on low setting for him not to notice it wasn't on, as you can hear it pretty loud on full blast, so it wouldn't have made any significant difference.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
There will be a powerloss with AC on, as the clutch for the compressor will be engaged, meaning the engine has something else to rotate. It shouldn't absorb much power really. ~7hp on a >150hp car isn't going to mean you're holding up milkfloats now, surely ?

My car feels quicker since sticking my Yozza on .. and maybe there's a 1hp increase as this one doesn't blow like the 55k OEM one did, but 99.9% of the power increase is in my head.

Placebo effect FTW !

I love Lamp
There will be a powerloss with AC on, as the clutch for the compressor will be engaged, meaning the engine has something else to rotate. It shouldn't absorb much power really. ~7hp on a >150hp car isn't going to mean you're holding up milkfloats now, surely ?

My car feels quicker since sticking my Yozza on .. and maybe there's a 1hp increase as this one doesn't blow like the 55k OEM one did, but 99.9% of the power increase is in my head.

Placebo effect FTW !

When i put the RenaultF1 stickers on the side it gave me atleast 5bhp more power, was overtaking porsches and lambos in straightline speed pretty comfortably, maybe if he purchases some of these it will regain his power

Run a tube from the air conditioning vent to the air filter = Double power.

fuuu.png

Listerine & Poledo
When i put the RenaultF1 stickers on the side it gave me atleast 5bhp more power, was overtaking porsches and lambos in straightline speed pretty comfortably, maybe if he purchases some of these it will regain his power

I found that yellowing my fog lights converted the F4R into a working Trans-warp drive system.

Did the kessel run the other day, less than 5 parsecs y0!

Never above 25mpg
It might be your part of Wiltshire as I'm sure Will. and I have no problems with the aircon causing lack of power...

White clique
i have never experienced power loss with aircon ever, and anyone who reckons they have is either a noob or trying too hard to sound knowledgeable.

It may make some difference - in the same way it would make a difference is you opened a window, but to claim it would suddenly have a drastic effect is utter ballbags.

MK3, RX450H.
Is this thread serious or.....
If this aircon shiit is the case then 1.0L's with a/c surely wouldn't move?

Think this guy needs to chill out a bit..

she hadn't switched the speed limiter on by any chance?

That would be funny.

This one time i was travelling on the motorway and I switched my air con off and my car went like a dalorean. Zooommmm!

Last edited:
  RS RIP
lol at this thread + replies !

But seriously ; my former scooby had a very noticable powerdrain from the airco !

Is'nt it also true that running airco worstens fuelconsumption up to 10%?

ph2 172
with the 1.2 16v engine, there is a drop in the engine as you turn the air con on, then it normals back out in a second, the 1.4 16v has no change, cant see it making any difference on a 2lt, maybe you should check the ac unit and how it turns.
Get a video of your car with and without ac on or STFU

clio 182
"im sorry officer, i know the speed limit is seventy but my girlfriend switched the aircon off suddenly and i couldnt handle the power...."

to stop this happening to me i actually removed my aircon, and the bottom of the dash, its a very dangerous situation to find yourself in.

be warned!

Fiesta ST-2
Im waiting for tomorrows thread "Absolutely Devastated..."

Girlfriend left the heater on and now my right hand is warm!

Alpine GTA Turbo+182

Or... girlfriend used car and now it's run out of petrol. Where do I go to buy petrol and where does it go in the car?

Listerine & Poledo

"Completely gutted"

Aftter about 60 miles of driving with the fuel warning light on I lose all power altogether, any ideas?

Fiesta ST-2
"Totally Depressed"

The car wont move when pulling away and there's a red light on the dash??? It moves a little bit but its like theres some sort of brake being applied other than by my foot?

Status
Not open for further replies.