ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quote from Practical performance car

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 08 March 2005
Meanwhile, back in the real world. :p

HaHa so true Lee.. Ok Ive changed my mind.. The Williams is the best car in the world ever.. :p

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 08 March 2005

Still havent seen that vid Jesus, sort it out!
get yerself on MSN pal, ill send it over. Its a classic shape lightly tuned by RC Developments with RR graph to prove power, so stick it in yer pipe and smoke it... and on video, what more could anyone ask :p pmsl

well, if were getting all technical it was taken on a digital camera, recorded in 640x480 at 32FPS, lasting 31 seconds and weighing in at 34.5MB, outside air temp was 5 degrees with no head/tail or cross winds. The Scooby driver is my friend, he has a full UK drivers license, hes owned the car for about 8 months+ and he knows what a clutch is and cant only pilot cars whose gear lever has a D on it and only 3 selectable gears. Hes not retarded and doesnt suffer from any illness. The car is also mechanically sound. Think that just about covers everything? pmsl

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

As an ex-skooby owner. I dont need to see the footage to know that the Jesus speaks the truth.

The Williams was good enough to make me sell mine:)

lol, yeah, KS would love this thread!!! hehehe

i dont think its the best car in the world, but I do find it amusing how many people come on to state that its not the best hot hatch... it wont do this, it cant do that... blah blah blah... sorry, but from my own experience of my car I know that its at least as quick as a 172 in a straight line, dunno about cornering, as ive been left by enough people on the Peaks runs in all sorts of different car, but this is where road knowledge and balls play a part tho, I dont pretend to know how to get the best out of it cornering wise... although I have been shown how capable it is by a much better driver than myself (thanks 2 live for scaring me sh*tless!). Whether or not people choose to accept the fact that the Williams is still up there in every aspect is their choice, just comes as a bit more of a shock when one does go past them, or sticks to their bumper. Ask my pal, he certainly didnt expect it to be with him changing into 4th and conceded that he will get spanked when its camd and mapd. Tucks knows the score anyway, and enough people have seen the vid now to know its not just some childish story made up to impress or prove a point... although it does serve as both ;)

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Swervin_Mervin on 08 March 2005

Have you driven one? Even the valver handles better than a 172. And thats a qualified statement before anyone says.
How are you qualified?? Are you a proffesional driver?

VaVa

The Williams is the best hot hatch ever. Fair enough. But the 182 runs it close. And given the restrictions placed on car manufacturers these days thats a pretty good effort imho.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

The williams is an old rusty piece of poo....the 182 is faster, has more grip and looks better too!

Dont ya love these threads?

This is what makes ClioSport great..

Only on this forum, is it so seperated.. between Clio and Clio. Sure, some forums dont like other marques, but they dont go on like they do on here about other same-make cars. Look at, say, RS clubs.. proper communities.

16v/Williams vs "newer cars" + warrenty

172 vs Cup

V6 Mk1 vs V6 Mk2

182 vs everything which moves

The Williams, in some articles, was being compared against P1s, Ferraris, Zondas.. yet, its still crap.

*sigh*

At the end of the day, whatever car you own, you thinks great.. else you wouldnt buy it.. these threads arnt "whats best" its "What do you own??!?!??!?!?!"

Polo GTi

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 08 March 2005Dont ya love these threads?This is what makes ClioSport great.. Only on this forum, is it so seperated.. between Clio and Clio. Sure, some forums dont like other marques, but they dont go on like they do on here about other same-make cars. Look at, say, RS clubs.. proper communities.16v/Williams vs "newer cars" + warrenty172 vs CupV6 Mk1 vs V6 Mk2182 vs everything which moves The Williams, in some articles, was being compared against P1s, Ferraris, Zondas.. yet, its still crap. *sigh*At the end of the day, whatever car you own, you thinks great.. else you wouldnt buy it.. these threads arnt "whats best" its "What do you own??!?!??!?!?!"

Agree with Daz he knows his sh*t, you should see his whites :p but it is true what he says, all are great cars in their own way, but me Im a hard man so I choose to drive without a safety net, BA and the A-Team those boys didnt have no warranty on the van. f**k that sh*t, they lived by the seat of their pants, just like me and the fellow Willy owners.

If sh*t goes wrong it gets fixed, after all we all drive Renaults no Mercs

well if i had enough cash,i would buy the r reg willy, and a v6,, purely because they have unique design features, like the bonnet vent, gold alloys, badging, interior, widearches, side vents etc... the 182 172, imo looks like every other clio... i respect what is in the engine bay on the 182 and 172, but at the end of the day the sheer exclusiveness of the v6 and williams cannot be matched...

Williams v v6 on twisties, well there is only one winner...

the same winner in the williams v v6 turn in a road competition...

Polo GTi

Yeah maybe by my figures show that the 182 is only 1.1 seconds faster than a Willy when its on the back of a low loader on the way back to have its chocolate engine mounts sorted for the 3rd time. :p

Polo GTi

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 08 March 2005
The Williams may be the best hot hatch ever, but the 182 is the best hot hatch. The End.

Beautiful mate.....that made a tear come to my little Willys eye...lol

Vee dub

Interesting thread this, read a few similar before.

I just think it says a great deal about the Williams for it to still be compared to cars 10 years later...

Whether it is better than the current hot hatches, i dont know personally, but I do think they are fantastic cars!

Tom

Punto/Clio GTT

Quote: Originally posted by FlamingMonkey on 08 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 08 March 2005

The Williams may be the best hot hatch ever, but the 182 is the best hot hatch. The End.

Beautiful mate.....that made a tear come to my little Willys eye...lol

he made you cum?...... ew

Nippy white cup

Sounds like the Cup is more like the willie than I thought....different wheels to the rest....different colour ,badges, track minded..etc

Chris

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Quote: Originally posted by gazcaddy on 08 March 2005

http://www.fasthatchbacks.comwww.fasthatchbacks.com

Williams is 1.1 secs slower to 60 than a 182 and 3.3 secs slower to 100, so its unlikely both std a williams will out perform a 182
Airfield..Standard vs Standard Williams won a drag race. He was low milage though.

Polo GTi

Quote: Originally posted by RS-Steve on 08 March 2005
as some1 who couldnt give a flying f**k these threads bore me!!!

Nah these threads are great, it takes us away every month from the usual "just washed threads", keeps things interesting, you cant beat a good argument about nothing...lol.

Maybe im just bored and small things amuse me though, hehe

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Nah these threads are great, it takes us away every month from the usual "just washed threads", keeps things interesting, you cant beat a good argument about nothing...lol.

love a good argument but will be gone by pge 5 cos some1 will be threatenin to kill some1 over a renault clio lol.

Polo GTi

Quote: Originally posted by FlamingMonkey on 08 March 2005Quote: Originally posted by RS-Steve on 08 March 2005 as some1 who couldnt give a flying f**k these threads bore me!!!
[/QUOTE]

Maybe im just bored and small things amuse me though, hehelove a good argument but will be gone by pge 5 cos some1 will be threatenin to kill some1 over a renault clio lol.[/QUOTE]

You know the score ;)

love a good argument but will be gone by pge 5 cos some1 will be threatenin to kill some1 over a renault clio lol.
oi rs-steve, remember words can get ya hurt, will chop u down boy-o!!

Alfa Mito 155TB

Yes the Williams is an icon of performance standards in its day....but reality must hit home now and people should realise that its not abit of a "Barry" car isnt it?