ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quote from Practical performance car

Quote: Originally posted by gazcaddy on 08 March 2005
http://www.fasthatchbacks.comwww.fasthatchbacks.com Williams is 1.1 secs slower to 60 than a 182 and 3.3 secs slower to 100, so its unlikely both std a williams will out perform a 182

straight line speed isnt anything when you want to know whats the best hot hatch

williams IMHO is a far better drivers car (and yes, ive driven all performance clio variants)

clio 172/182 are good, but they will never get to the heightened status the williams got to

Lionel Richie

Williams - old skool, hardcore, Yozzasport 5 bean, Fred approved kinda car

182 - spend a few £££ with Yozzasport, and then ill speak to ya!!!

The Jinx

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 08 March 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Swervin_Mervin on 08 March 2005 Have you driven one? Even the valver handles better than a 172. And thats a qualified statement before anyone says. [/QUOTE]How are you qualified?? Are you a proffesional driver?

Qualified as in Ive driven both. I actually found that the dCi was less twitchy and a lot more progressive under LOO than the 172, but thats probably cos it had proper tyres on rather than those wanky Contis they used to fit.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by RALLYPUG on 08 March 2005

Never drove a Williams Clio but used to own a pug 1.9gti.My Cup 172 is a better car...no question.But it doesnt have that feel that the pug had.
Hard to explain unless youve driven both.
I agree, 205gti had a much better feel than the 182, lack of power steering always helps that I think.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 08 March 2005

The Williams is the best hot hatch ever. Fair enough. But the 182 runs it close. And given the restrictions placed on car manufacturers these days thats a pretty good effort imho.
surely the mk2 V6 is the best hot hatch ever?!

[Edited by rory182 on 11 March 2005 at 10:59pm]

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

V6 is hardly a hot hatch!! Maybe it has a hatch and is hot ...if only because the engine is right behind you! But a mid engined, rear wheel drive car costing 26k isnt a hot hatch! IMO of course....

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 11 March 2005

V6 is hardly a hot hatch!! Maybe
what is it then?! Its not a saloon car and its pretty hot...

Fair enough its a sports car but Id say its the best hot hatch ever, second only to the saxo vtr :p

[Edited by rory182 on 11 March 2005 at 11:18pm]