ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R.A.I.D Question

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
Does anyone know if the RAID feature on the car is turned on (doors lock once moving), that if involved in a accident whether the doors will unlock or not?

Cheers

Ant

Mégane RS
I would think that they would unlock, i wonder how long before it or something broke if your always starting and stoping around towns etc

Not sure. The handbook says:

"If you decide to keep doors locked when you are driving, remember that in the event of an emergency it may be more difficult for those assisting you to gain access to your vehicle"

So I guess it stays locked...

it becomes unlocked if you crash.

the bit in the manual probably refers to the fact that it depends where you are hit. I imagine that if you are hit from behind then they wont unlock, whereas in a head on collosion there will be something under the bonnet that releases the doors.

I hope.

Volvo S60 T5
If I remember correctly...any accident that causes the airbags or seat belt pre-tensioners to go off will unlock the doors.
Its linked to the airbag computer IIRC.

182 w/busted splitter :-(
Funnily enough, I asked the same question of the Renault Dealer when buying my 182.

if you are involved in a collision that either trips one (or more) of the airbags, or that is above a certain (?) speed, or that cuts out the engine (after a collision) the 'magic' computer will apparently disengage the RAID and unlock the doors?

I've never proven this though; nor, do I think, would I want to......

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
Thanks everyone. Knowing that there is only one way to find out for sure, i'll try and give it a miss. But i would like to think it would unlock.

Lots of Alfas
My dealer told me they would unlock if the car was in a serious accident. You can always disable the RAID by holding down the door lock button for 4 seconds.

to be fait i am sure they would pan the windows in in a few seconds if they needed to get to you and unfortunately in most serious acceidents the doors won't open by hand anyway. I ahve had a minor bump where the passanger door was jammed shut.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive never trusted the system at all so I disabled it the day I got the car! Maybe just paranoid cos I crashed my first car! If Im going into town or through a dodgy are I just lock the doors then.