ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R.I.P Clio GTT - Sorted with Insurance

Skoda Fabia vRS

well as some of you will remember i crashed my car on Feb 15th this year, and i didnt agree with the valuation i was offered by my insurance

basically i was offered £950 for it, which later rose after lots of phone calls to £1350

i still didnt agree this was a fair amount even though i did realise that the market for such a car was very limited

i made probably over 50 phone calls to them, and in the end sent a 3 page letter to the CEO which received a very prompt reply that told me this would be investigated

after 4 weeks i received a letter saying it would take longer to sort out, i waited and waited, another 4 weeks went by and i received another letter thanking me for my patience but advising me that i could now take this matter to the ombudsman

i was about to type a letter out to them again but just havent had the chance, when i received a phone call today

i know its probably worth more to some people, and to me, but after the hell ive been through i cant take it any longer and i owe my dad money for the valver ive got now

£2100 is what ive been offered which ive accepted, cheque is in the post

Remapped derv Golf

Were they only offering you RT money for the car?

I work for an insurance company I know what b*****ds they can be. Underwriters are roofless

Skoda Fabia vRS

they just kept saying thats what they thought it was worth and wouldnt budge, but i stuck it out and its more than doubled from the first offer

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

gutted m8, wish i had seen the beasty before u lost her... i wont forget the handbag on the choke lever incident or the oil filler cap ;) RIP CLIO GTT

Skoda Fabia vRS

ill have a bit left over to pay off some of whats on one of my cards, so thats a bonus to all this !

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea its been hell, luckily my dad has let me sort it out rather than hasslin me to pay him back asap, if he hadnt id have been stuck with accepting the £1350 which would have really annoyed me

still wish id been offered more but i cant afford to wait any longer and its not that bad an offer

So you actually succeeded in getting blood out of a stone - may not seem much as a replacement to what you lost, but i think youve done bloody well Brun. A moral victory to you kid!

If youve got a bit left over after paying off debt then get a £100 sh*tter from the auctions and save hard - dont get back into debt if you can! :cool:

Well done on getting them to cough up though. :)

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 30 July 2005

ill have a bit left over to pay off some of whats on one of my cards, so thats a bonus to all this !
Sod that - its headwork time!!!

Seriously though - glad to hear youve got it sorted finally. :)

Skoda Fabia vRS

well today i got a letter from them, i thought it was the cheque, it wasnt

it was a letter explainin it all, and they are also sending me a cheque for £50 compensation for all the hassle ive had and the amount of time its taken

172 M69 eater

result mate... shame it wasnt more but shows how u can hassle to get more..

what happened to the car in the end?

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by patty on 01 August 2005

result mate... shame it wasnt more but shows how u can hassle to get more..

what happened to the car in the end?
god knows, ideally i would have liked to have been in a position to get it back and make some money from it, but i dont have the time, money, or land to do that and id rather not think about the accident anymore to be honest i just want to move on from the last car