ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

r1 vs veyron

Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!
Awesome cars (and bike) - love the sound of the Carrera GT, sounds more like an F1 car.

Honda Civic Type R
i loved that carrera at the end. he was definitely up for having a go. and arguably he would have got the better of the veyron round the bends. no one really knows how well the bugatti handles. it does weigh nearly 2 tons but then again it's 4wd and has about 375 width tyres or something like that. good vid. the bike got creamed.

p.s i overhead some chavs in the pub talking about the bugatti veyron on friday night. one of em said, and i quote......

"imagine how quick it would be with a k&n and a 3 inch straight thru pipe."

and the other knob replied, "yeah and then you could superchip it too and it'll be rapid"

some people:rolleyes:

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Plus the veyron isnt exactly a stripped out race car is it? Has leather, air con, sat nav etc etc :) Its fully road legal, has all the correct emissions etc.

If i win the lottery im gonna buy one and strip it :D

182FF c/w Recaros
im sure that is actually an r1 not an r6, an r6 would be even more creamed then that! lol

Looked like the bike was struggling to stay with the Porsche let alone the Bugatti:eek:

An R1 would cream the GT up to 150 ish.

I wonder if any Bikers can actually confirm what Bike it was...

Ultima GTR for the win :quiet:

0-100mph-0 comparison times
Ultima GTR
9.4secs
Bugatti Veyron
9.9secs
Ferrari Enzo
10.9secs
McLaren F1 LM
11.5secs
Porsche Carrera GT
11.6secs
Pagani Zonda
11.8secs

0-60mph comparison times
Ultima GTR
2.6secs
Bugatti Veyron
2.8secs
Ferrari Enzo
3.4secs
McLaren F1 LM
3.2secs
Porsche Carrera GT
3.7secs
Pagani Zonda
3.7secs

0-100mph comparison times
Ultima GTR
5.3secs
Bugatti Veyron
5.5secs
Ferrari Enzo
6.7secs
McLaren F1 LM
6.3secs
Porsche Carrera GT
7.4secs
Pagani Zonda
7.5secs

100mph-0 braking comparison times
(not including drivers reaction time)
Ultima GTR
3.6secs
Bugatti Veyron
4.2secs
Ferrari Enzo
4.0secs
McLaren F1 LM
4.6secs
Porsche Carrera GT
4.1secs
Pagani Zonda
4.0secs

but what about 0-252 - bugatti wins!!!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
After a certain speed a bike loses out big time.A good TVR will give a bike a run after 120mph

ian

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
You can keep on arguing abut straight out power to weight or top sped, but the video shows that the bike loses out on th corners and puting power down.

A car will always be faster (in a world with corners) than a bike.

But you wont get the rush a bike gives you!

mini cooper (RIP 172)
i know that a bike will be faster but how much would a 172 be shown up by a bike? what sort of bike would be a far match? my dads got a 600 and its faster then my 172

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
i know that a bike will be faster but how much would a 172 be shown up by a bike? what sort of bike would be a far match? my dads got a 600 and its faster then my 172

Put it this way, my bike does 0-130 quicker than my 182 does 120-130! First is nearly 90mph second is over 110mph.

Riding a bike fast is very hard and far more demanding, id be nearly as quick on most tracks in the 182, quicker on some!

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
^ doubt that, a bike has to stop sub 200kgs, a car has to stop 2000kgs+ in the case of a veyron.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
i remember reading an article (it was answers to correspondants in the daily mail)

They did a super moto gp bike vs an f1 car, rounda track x amount of laps, and the car won due to the fact it could brake later, and be on the power earlier.