ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R19 Leather reconditioning

Hello Chaps,

I have recently obtained some R19 leather seats for my 16v. Whilst the rear seats are in good condition and have been installed, the fronts are worn ( badly ). I have attempted to recolour them using a water-based dye ( LiquidLeather Scuffmaster ) but because the leather is topcoat sealed, the dye does not work ( AT ALL ). This has meant spending the entire afternoon removing the dye with meths and brush, which is even less fun than it sounds!. Please does anyone know where I can get a topcoat recolouring kit from. Help appreciated!

Thanks,

Martin.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

got another leather interior for my rt from a r19, got the same problem, the backs fine but fronts are quite worn, have bought the liquid leather conditioner and shampoo but the gent that i bought it from who retrimmed the haynes max power clio said that you would probably not be able to get the colour back if you do let me know how.

Ta for that. I have heard that there is definately a special aerosol spray for this type of leather. I will keep looking...or suffer scuffed leather. If I find anything I will post a new topic.

Revels Mum & Sister

I am half in the same boat

My backs are mint and fronts are not too bad

I have tried all sorts and asked a few trimmers. They say nothing will really do a lot. Well it might for a month or two! But then they will return to the original state