ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SS Project Supra Respray

Byzanz Metallic.

How it looks normally...

a7upa2yd.jpg

Then in the sun...

a3ydame5.jpg

Small update, both 1/4's and roof fully stripped to bare metal, rear boot is mostly done, all window shuts done and most of the door shuts are back to bare metal aswell. Its taking a LONG! time to get it back down to metal, 19 years of touch ups and extra paint + filler here and there makes for alot of paint to take off. Its also had a new sill welded in with the 1/4, the welds arent brilliant but the fitment is good so a little skim and it should be spot on again.

Rest of the car has been removed wings etc, ready for the same treatment. Next ill be sealing off the rear 1/4's + roof and door shuts, and then starting the filling. The boot lid will be having its badge holes welded soon then sealed and skimmed over.

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Long way to go! but once its sealed and the filling is done it will progress quickly. I like the idea of the brown colours people have suggested! this is definately on my consideration list.......but as i say ill be opening it up to the forum for the final choice in colour out of a select list i can live with lol :)

What quite a few people have suggested when they have popped in, is a *different* but classy colour.........this car with be OEM in looks im not a fan of the kitted supras, i just want a nice factory clean example i think, too many of them are spoilt really.

GSXR + KDX220
Talking of brown, I saw a new Vauxhall something-or-other the other day, a Zafira type thing in a lovely dark brown/goldy kind of colour. It looked awesome in the sun but almost black in the shade! :)

I may have said it in this thread already but I'd definitely go for a deep bronze or dark purple if it was my choice. You want a colour that stands out but is still dark enough to properly show off the finish in the lacquer, seeing as it'll essentially be another advertisement for your business. Colours like LY and AG won't do that properly IMO.

Talking of brown, I saw a new Vauxhall something-or-other the other day, a Zafira type thing in a lovely dark brown/goldy kind of colour. It looked awesome in the sun but almost black in the shade! :)

Yeh i think ill have a looksy through some sample chips for the brown's, see whats about, some of the motor bike colours interest me aswell.....

I may have said it in this thread already but I'd definitely go for a deep bronze or dark purple if it was my choice. You want a colour that stands out but is still dark enough to properly show off the finish in the lacquer, seeing as it'll essentially be another advertisement for your business. Colours like LY and AG won't do that properly IMO.

Yeh i also like the idea of a purple, has to be deep / dark as you say dont want any hint of Pink lol.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
A lad near me has his S3 sportback in Merlin its amazing and apart from BMW's sepang bronze its the single nicest colour i've ever seen.

Hmmm its a bit RB for me.......Audi Purples still winning for me at the moment, but as i say ill get the colours together of everyone and get a poll going. I need to get a jive on choosing a colour as im having tinted primers mixed :)

GSXR + KDX220
I cant find a pic of what I mean, but a dark brown with purple pearl in it would look awesome I think! Next time I'm on Forza I'll try it on there :):eek: