ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R26.R vs GT3RS

Quite a good video, he says the GT3 wasn't fully going for it on the straights, but around the corners, the R26.R was definately better

Hope its not a repost

[YOUTUBE]DVc6wjf6hUw[/YOUTUBE]

172, Tiguan
This R26R has also done a 7.59 BTG with Dale driving as well.

Was a large thread on this vid when Dale posted it on Northloop.

How much do they charge to hire one out for the day?

I'd never buy an R. but would love a shot in one!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Dale is a god.

I remember him hooning round in his MX-5

200 FF Storm Grey
Surely the megane wouldn't get any where close to the porsche if it was giving it some?

BMW M135i
Got Dale to take me out in that or one of the R26.Rs they had when I was over there last month, fooking amazing driver! Really shows how much faster having talent makes you!

172, Tiguan
You are doing well to even get through the barriers with Dale in the car these days. Nightmare.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Got Dale to take me out in that or one of the R26.Rs they had when I was over there last month, fooking amazing driver! Really shows how much faster having talent makes you!

I would have thought driver talent in the 911 would have made light work of the Megane imo ?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Both pretty good vid but if anyone says they would rather a megane over the porker they're kidding themselves.

Audi quattro, Clio 172
Thanks for posting this up.

Just booked an R26.R for the Nurburgring a week this Friday through RSR, and did it through Dale.. weird timing!

Tried to get a RHD Clio 197 but it was booked out so thought... stuff it I'll just get the Megane (which is RHD - they offered me the LHD 197 but I thought I'd treat myself). I've BTDT trying to drive a LHD manual and smacking my left hand off the door each time you go to change gear. Didn't fancy any problems like this when I'm on the Nurburgring...

I'd probably have driven over in the 172 but the recently fitted K-tec stealth booming for that length of time just wasn't appealing!

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Good video that, surely the porker would have abit more to give than that... still enjoyable though. Great driving in the 26R

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Have a lookie at 3:40 seconds in lol... My ass, he weren't tryin nearly had the tail out.

MCS R56
Cool video but the Porsche would easily take the Meg. It would corner as well as the Meg, if not better and be as good on the brakes. Straights - bye bye! Good to see the circa £26k Renault mixing it with the circa £100k supercars though!

The Meg must surely be the best front-wheel drive, drivers' car to date?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Cool video but the Porsche would easily take the Meg. It would corner as well as the Meg, if not better and be as good on the brakes. Straights - bye bye! Good to see the circa £26k Renault mixing it with the circa £100k supercars though!

The Meg must surely be the best front-wheel drive, drivers' car to date?

Focus RS imo

Mk2 172
Quite a good video, he says the GT3 wasn't fully going for it on the straights, but around the corners, the R26.R was definately better

Hope its not a repost

[YOUTUBE]DVc6wjf6hUw[/YOUTUBE]

The megane was definately better in the corners?? In the video maybe but a decent driver in the GT3 RS and it would absolutely ruin the megane. Im not dismissing the megane at all as it is a fabulous car but a GT3RS in the right hands is in a simply different league!!
GT3RS with decent driver and a rematch please :)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
On the corners there actually quite close,but the straght line 0-100 times of the GT would show the meg a clean pair of heals.

Good video though,it actually shows the cornering ability of the meg with a nigh on supercar....

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Where is everyone getting that the Megane is faster in the corners?

From where I'm sat it looked like whenever the Porka went for it, it just walked away. And it would tbh. A GT3 RS is a SERIOUS weapon.

172, Tiguan
The megane was definately better in the corners?? In the video maybe but a decent driver in the GT3 RS and it would absolutely ruin the megane. Im not dismissing the megane at all as it is a fabulous car but a GT3RS in the right hands is in a simply different league!!

:D

The GT3RS has one of the best drivers you're ever likely to see driving it.

LOL @ ClioSport. Only on here could everybody argue over something which was made clear in the original post.

Dale driving the Megan works for Ron (who owns RSR) and is driving the Porsche

MCS R56
Thank christ everyones allowed an opinion otherwise you would have us all in 172 Cups ;)

I would?

Actually, you are right. When I rule the country, you will not have a choice.

Really, where did that come from? I don't even have a Cup. I was just trying to justify what I think about the Meg.

MCS R56
:D

The GT3RS has one of the best drivers you're ever likely to see driving it.

LOL @ ClioSport. Only on here could everybody argue over something which was made clear in the original post.

Dale driving the Megan works for Ron (who owns RSR) and is driving the Porsche

You obviously haven't been in a proper argument. This is mere chat.

Not my words, just quoting the video description