ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R26R style grooved discs for Clio.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Just machined a set of Brembo HC discs with the same pattern as the megane R26R. Really happy with the results, rear discs will be done later.

Possibly thinking of supplying a service to anyone that's wants it doing. See if I get any interest first!!

0c944368.jpg

2103915e.jpg

47f74f38.jpg

f79e20f4.jpg

Suzuki Jimny
I've got a set of discs that I would be interested in having a pretty pattern on :) (Depending on cost).

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Fair point, although the R26R pattern is fairly unique and Renaultsport know what they are doing :) the rears look really good too. Will post up a pic tomorrow. The Brembo blanks are fairly cheap and as everyone knows really good with the likes of DS2500 pads. It's just a case of making a good thing better!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
How would you want to go about doing it? You can send me the blanks and I'll get them done no problem, how would £40 for machining them sound? It's just a case of setting up the machine/program, getting the jig setup, tool wear and obviously some labour... Let me know if that sounds fair?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
You could do custom one off designs for show cars. Some folk would pay top dollar for a paedobear machined into their disc.

Audi A5
Sky's the limit, if you could right the usually sh*t like "vtec just kicked in yo" etc. you could make a fortune.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Did 4 HARD days on the ring with them last year, they were perfect! One other thing to note is that unlike the original R26R discs the pattern is mirrored on either side, doubt alot of people notice that on the R26R the pattern changes direction from side to side! Must of been a budget in the engineering dept, haha! So if you ever wondered which direction to have the pattern rotating I can safely say it makes no difference as the standard R26R has it both ways on one car!!

Seriously can do any pattern you wanted within reason but this pattern is tried and tested and I personally think it's cool on my 182 :)

172 Rally Car
Looks great!

Although not wanting to pi55 on your bonfire with this have you looked at any legal implications? Afterall you are selling a modification to a brake disc, is there any comeback on you if one of your modified discs breaks?

I don't know , just asking

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Don't know to be honest, you have a point though I wouldn't want to end up in the middle of some court case! Buyer would have them done at own risk, or for show car purposes.

They are very safe though the grooves never go past the wear markers or manufacturers minimum thickness.

Will look into it, thanks for bringing it to my attention!