ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RAC auto windscreen repair

Ford Fiesta
managed to pick up my first stone crack yesterday heading to Sheffield on the M1.
Had loads of big stones hit before but this only sounded a little one, think it came from an ST170.

Anyway it was near the centre and was a 1 mm hole with 3- 4 mm cracks going out from it.
Took it to rac auto windscreens and they've sorted it. You can still see the small hole but the cracks are almost invisible.
Glad I didn't have to get a new screen as i'd have ended up with one of the the non Renault brown tint ones no doubt.

Going to try and claim it back now through my insurance company, Admiral.

:)

172 Cup
Claim it back? Should have been free anyway with most insurers.

When I chipped my windscreen I called Direct Line and they sent someone the next day free of charge.

Megane225FF
they usually get it right, rac auto windscrrens people, I had mine replaced with the tinited version..

Ford Fiesta
yeh they could have sorted it but i just went down and wanted it doing there and then.

strange having to pay though , confused now , was told its free completely if ur fully comp .....that from the autowindscreens geeza ?;)

V6 Exige, GTR R35
normally you have like a 50 quid excess to pay - well i did, if you get tit through your insurance.

but a new windscreen for a 172 is about 360 quid i think!

mine gets a hit every year....

stoddie said:
normally you have like a 50 quid excess to pay - well i did, if you get tit through your insurance.

but a new windscreen for a 172 is about 360 quid i think!

mine gets a hit every year....

too tru fella , but stone chips r 3?????????

Ford Fiesta
kullycliosport said:
strange having to pay though , confused now , was told its free completely if ur fully comp .....that from the autowindscreens geeza ?;)

it happened the day before, I just wanted it sorting, couldnt be bothered phoning insuraance and waiting for them to book it in etc.
I payed and am claiming it back from admiral.