ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Race Pads for Willwood calipers

TrackCar & F30 330d
I just wandered if anybody knew if you can get any race pads for the willwood calipers.

The caliper which can fit under a 15" wheel.

I have tryed looking on the Internet but am having a day of fail and can't find any info.

RB 182
I'll have a look tonight but I bought the DS3000 pads for my wilwoods, Demon Tweeks also do the PF97 pads for them. DS3000 were only £60'ish delivred, cheap but the pad is only 12mm thin. The PF97 were about £10 more. Not sure on the thickness of them.

RB 182
Yup, the exact same one. For some reason they don't do the thicker pad for the DS range. If you speak Demon Tweeks, use the chaps name off the discount section on here. Just ask to look at Michael Ingham's recent purchases, the DS and PF pad enquiry will be on their database.

Evo 5 RS
7812.jpg

EBC are also an off the shelf option.

Pagid will do them for you also if you ask

Evo 5 RS
hmm, I did put a pad dimension image in my post from the wilwood site but it's been removed......

weird..............

182 trackday racer
Yup, the exact same one. For some reason they don't do the thicker pad for the DS range. If you speak Demon Tweeks, use the chaps name off the discount section on here. Just ask to look at Michael Ingham's recent purchases, the DS and PF pad enquiry will be on their database.

Have beem strugling to get this confirmed. Assumed the JAM-Sport caliper and the K-tec caliper where the same, leaned to the JAM-ket because of the wider pad selection. But if you can confirm calipers are the same I see no reason not to go with the K-tec kit.

This about pad thickness... is the DS3000's thiner that for example the Mintex ones?

I'll have a look tonight but I bought the DS3000 pads for my wilwoods, Demon Tweeks also do the PF97 pads for them. DS3000 were only £60'ish delivred, cheap but the pad is only 12mm thin. The PF97 were about £10 more. Not sure on the thickness of them.

I run Ds3000's on standard calipers now and Im very happy with the bite and fade resitance. How do you like your setup? No brake ballance problems etc?

If you are able to provide a DT item number of the DS3000's you be a darling ;)

Last edited:
  RB 182
K Tec's bracket suits a standard size disc, I believe the JAM Sport one is for the larder disc. The calipers should be the same size although Wilwood do a slight variation on the Midlight and Dynalite calipers from doing some research.

The DS3000 are just under half the thickness of the Mintex, It was the same for my DS25000 pads so can only assume that's what Ferodo can offer for that caliper. You will also have to cut out a cunk of metal where the middle retaining pin goes through the pad bracket. The mintex already have this cuttout, again, can only assume that Ferodo chose not to use this.

DS3000 part number is FRP502P, they ballance is fine on track, we did hammer them and they calipers do seem to overwork the pads. No head issues but they do wear down quite fast, Fred has mentioned this quite a few times, something to to do with the smaller surface area of the pad compared to OE pads & calipers.

182 trackday racer
DS3000 part number is FRP502P, they ballance is fine on track, we did hammer them and they calipers do seem to overwork the pads. No head issues but they do wear down quite fast, Fred has mentioned this quite a few times, something to to do with the smaller surface area of the pad compared to OE pads & calipers.

Thanks a lot for the part number.

So if the surface area is bigger on OE pads whats the point of 4-pots? Is the bite better with DS3000s on 4-pots than DS3000's with OE? If not and there's high wear issues it sounds to me like Im better of overhauling my OE calipers??
Guess the pad area is no bigger with the Mintex pads?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I've got DS2500's in mine, plus a box of DS3000's in the garage aswell.
So there are options out there for them.

Lionel Richie
Thanks a lot for the part number.

So if the surface area is bigger on OE pads whats the point of 4-pots? Is the bite better with DS3000s on 4-pots than DS3000's with OE? If not and there's high wear issues it sounds to me like Im better of overhauling my OE calipers??
Guess the pad area is no bigger with the Mintex pads?

they look cool is the only answer i can offer

and most kits (apart from AP) use tiny pads which is pointless, big pad = good, tiny pad = bad

Evo 5 RS
They stop you pretty well too...

I'm pretty sure I would of gone into the back of a 430 one day if it weren't for me willwoods

182 trackday racer
they look cool is the only answer i can offer

and most kits (apart from AP) use tiny pads which is pointless, big pad = good, tiny pad = bad

I dont care sh*t about looks, I want performance and longer lasting brakes. So then its decided no Wilwoods for me.

You say AP, do you meen the entire kit or are you aware of other solutions? Maybe AP 5040 calipers can be used with standard discs using a custom adapter?

http://www.apracing.com/calipers/pr...pics/productpics/cp5040-10_1.jpg"/>_2680_2678
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motor...Racing_Pro_5000_Plus_Brake_Calipers/1712/3978

Lionel Richie
yeah from memory the ap kit for the clio runs a big pad

but to be honest you won't get better the PF97's and the stock calipers - best braking performance there is!

RB 182
I can get a good discount on the AP brakes but still expect them to be £1000 plus... The mintex and DS pads are all the same surface area for the wilwoods, it's a shame they didn't move the caliper and pad 5-10mm closer to the boss as there is much more scope there, but I'm guessing they are universal calipers so you are limited on size etc.

In regards to stopping, I thought they were alot better than OE caliper setup in regards to duration on long stints and ballance/feel seems to be alot more sharp. They are easy to replace/maintain, but due to the smaller surface area they do wear down much faster. Pads are half the price of OE size ones so it's tit for tat in regards to comparrison.

182 trackday racer
I can get a good discount on the AP brakes but still expect them to be £1000 plus... The mintex and DS pads are all the same surface area for the wilwoods, it's a shame they didn't move the caliper and pad 5-10mm closer to the boss as there is much more scope there, but I'm guessing they are universal calipers so you are limited on size etc.

In regards to stopping, I thought they were alot better than OE caliper setup in regards to duration on long stints and ballance/feel seems to be alot more sharp. They are easy to replace/maintain, but due to the smaller surface area they do wear down much faster. Pads are half the price of OE size ones so it's tit for tat in regards to comparrison.

Thanks,

What about 197 fourpots on a 182. Have seen it done but how does it suit master cylinder and what about brake ballance?