ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing blue 182

Looks loads better lowerd.... Need to do mine... Looks ace

[Edited by Doigy on 06 March 2005 at 9:39pm]

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

sweet... how hard was/is it to put new seats in the motor? you had trouble withthe airbag thingy?

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Cheers guys, its lowered using 40mm Apex springs...its a little hard but benefits far out weigh any negative issues.

Seb, seats were easyish to fit...much easier when you know how. Airbag issue is un-resolved at the moment...has the airbag light up on the dash but can make it dissapear fairly easily.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Cheers Chris :D

Seats are Cobra Monacos, will get some better pics of them when the car comes back from GDI.

Havent really studied the fit of the exhaust but maybe it could do with raising a little....its a ProSpeed system and just sounds awesome.

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by Gary G on 07 March 2005

Cheers Chris :D

Seats are Cobra Monacos, will get some better pics of them when the car comes back from GDI.

Havent really studied the fit of the exhaust but maybe it could do with raising a little....its a ProSpeed system and just sounds awesome.

what you waiting for get some sounds uploaded ! :D

very nice car m8. im looking into swapping 172 for 182cup soon.

that looks soo good! nice big exhausts and cool seats. plus it looks good lowered. very nice. :D

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Looks stunning mate! Got any interior pics? Im thinking bout choping mine in for another one..... And your not helping :oops:

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Cheers guys:D

Quote: Originally posted by Little Newms on 08 March 2005

Looks stunning mate! Got any interior pics? Im thinking bout choping mine in for another one..... And your not helping :oops:
Little newms u know you want to mate ;) haha, i love being a bad influence! almost every mate that has had a go in my car ended up wanting one!

Heres a pic of the interior...probably not what you were after tho ;) lol

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/Renault5p0rt182/182partsremoved.jpg

Will get some propper ones of the interior when i get the car back :)

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

yup lol, missing from that photo is the rear shelf/seats and luggage net bar!

Loads lighter for it and feels quite a bit faster!

R

rich[182]

Exhaust looks soooooo much better than standard

Whats Apex springs like for ride quality, cornering and reducing tram lining ? Did you do many miles before the Apex and can you compare etc ?

Just heard so many say they are harsh and not as good as the Eibach Pro progressive rate springs.............But they are approx £55 cheaper

Also still cant understand why but the 182 alloys just seem to look bigger than my 172 alloys, almost like they are 17"s and mine are 16"s - look more aggressive than 172s

[Edited by rich172 on 08 March 2005 at 4:09pm]

Quote: Originally posted by Frasers Cup on 08 March 2005

And when the time comes to put all that back in, its going to rattle more than a grannies false teeth! HAHA

Fraser
not if you silicone the joints like i have, mine feels like a vw now:p

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Rich, i did 6,500 miles with standard suspension and id definately say that the Apex springs offer an improvement! Ride quality is slightly affected due to the stiffer spring but definately nothing to put me off!

I mainly bought them over Eibach for the aesthetic edge as the Eibachs dont seem to lower a huge amount. Tram lining hasnt changed really...think that is mainly to do with the width of the wheels, cornering has improved and the car inspires more confidence...also when braking the rear end feels less twitchy.

Will post a vid once i get the car back from GDI :D

y0z...cheers mate was hoping to make you proud ;)

R

rich[182]

thanks

must say i was in the minority before when it came to not being too struck with your colour blue but i now thinks its gorgeous, especially with the anthracite alloys and having been lowered, looks more aggressive lowered and the tailpipes are spot on IMO