ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue - Wax v Sealant

RB182cup&golf gti
Thought i'd post up some pics of my clio after a sealant, and after sealant plus wax.

The paint was prep'd with carlack 68 and on the pics below there are 3 layers of sealant, each layer applied 48 hours apart (2x Klasse SG and 1 x Jeff's Acrylic Jet Trigger)

DSCF0209.jpg

DSCF0203.jpg

DSCF0207.jpg

DSCF0202.jpg

DSCF0204.jpg

The two pics below were taken earlier this year after sealant plus a couple of layers of souveran paste wax.

DSCF0105.jpg

DSCF0104.jpg

i think the colour, being solid blue, is ideally suited to a wax, but at the moment i much prefer the depth and clarity of the acrylic sealant and plan to add a few more layers over the coming weeks.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
carnauba all the way on racing blue, i felt acrylic trigger made the blue too light whereas the carnauba one made it darker

DSCN1011.jpg

Last edited:
  106 GTi
There is not a sealant out there that looks as good as a wax, they all lack the warmth and depth Carnuba gives - topped every time here. Infact on the Clio I have ditched the sealant now for summer ... if it ever comes!

RB182cup&golf gti
totally agree with the above, i think sealants are better suited to lighter colours and metallics, you just cant beat the nuba look. In saying that though I am really liking the sharp crisp reflections at the moment brought about by the sealant.

RB182cup&golf gti
looks nice mate - not into modding, keeping it standard as plan on keeping it a while.

I love the XXX wax