ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Puma

BMW X5, Exige 260.

Not driven one but the reviews all rave about the handling/cornering, so despite it being underpowered, you can carry high speed through the corners.

Cackles and pops beautifully on the overrun thru the exhaust too, sounds great.

Overpriced by miles when new but should be reasonable now.

I used to work for Ford and I got one for a week (one of the prototypes). Amazing to drive and sound wonderful. The sparco seats were a nice touch too. However in a straight line it definately needed more power. I would definately have one though . . . .

look fookin nice though (for a Ford). seen one have a good race down the lane behind my house a while back, chased a Vts and mullered it. Its cornering speed was superb, he wouldnt race in a straight line though. That should tell you something

Clio RS 200

So how would you rate them against a 172, i know it wont beat it in the power department but what about handling..?

I think Topgear tested FRP, ITR and C172. On the road not a lot in it. On the track C172 beats the ITR by about 0.5 of a second but the FRP lapped about 2 seconds faster!! They hardly had to back off for a corner.

I used to have a 1.7 Puma and have driven the FRP. Its not much faster but around bends its something else. Things to watch are the Tickford bad panel fit and chipping to the rear arches - also some have a LSD which is essential.

Happy hunting.