ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Racing Stripes....YES or NO??

Racing stripes

• yes

Votes: 610 45.0%
  • no

Votes: 746 55.0%

• Total voters
  133/225/CLS AMG
Need to change the title of the thread to 'Racing stripes on Racing Blue' so that people vote correctly!!?!?!?!

Anyone able to do that??? :D

133/225/CLS AMG
I know but I'm wondering if people are voting right now!? lol

Bearing in mind that from what I've read most people say they like em yet it now shows a majority say no!?!?

RenaultSport clio 18
Most of my mates think that my racing blue with stripes looks like a toy car. Therefore I am keeping them as it is clear from their own car choices that they know nothing. And i think they look as smart as a carrot.

TDI tyre shreader
Stripes are for a dodge viper not a clio fiesta saxo etc etc if your going to look gay you'd better be fast so no one can see you

There a factory fitted option, not some chavtastic add on. If the vehicle (whatever it is) has them as a option then it's ok in my book. But someone putting them on afterwards is just plain wrong.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
The Renault Gordini racing cars of the 60's were out before the Dodge Viper though.

133/225/CLS AMG
Good point Munday, so they actually have more heritage and as much right to be on there as a Viper!!!!

Nice to see Jones coming up with a constructive point!! ;)

cup 182 mit stripes
My dealer told me that they were put on by a graphics contractor after the car arrived at the dealership,so up to his interpretation of where the stripes start/finish ,going on a guidline from Renault.

Can that be right?

Lotus Exige, Fiat X1/9
ja.jack said:
My dealer told me that they were put on by a graphics contractor after the car arrived at the dealership,so up to his interpretation of where the stripes start/finish ,going on a guidline from Renault.

Can that be right?

Really??????????

133/225/CLS AMG
I suppose it makes some kind of sense!! I mean I wouldn't trust Renault to clean my car let along put stripes on and expect them to be straight. lol

fat 182
BERTONE said:
Really??????????

there put on at the factory

the length of then change in august 2004 pre to that they where full length after that there only to the badges and number plate

'92 172, Lotus Elise
are they meant to be on the drivers side? i.e the drive looks down on them?

or is that just a coincidence/flaw of LHD/RHD conversions

133/225/CLS AMG
No they are still on the car!! lol

Having just spent £350 on repairing the damage some cretin did in a car park, I don't think she wants the hassle of potentially faded paint round the stripes!

Interesting too see that its nearly a 50/50 split on people saying to keep em or not.

Lotus Elise S2 111S
I've got a Racing blue without, and do prefer without I think. Saw one in the flesh at the motorshow a couple of years back, and wasn't as keen.

It's all down to personal preference, and if you can put up with comments and maybe unwanted attention, keep em!

I'd be too worried about removing them anyway.

133/225/CLS AMG
Thats kinda the conclusion we came too!!!

Taking them off could cause a whole heap of troubles if the paint has faded round em.

It was purely the attention that concerned my missus. Then she comes out with 'shall I get the wheels coated white??' lol that won't drawer attention!! ;) :D :D

133/225/CLS AMG
It does seem a bit suspect, unless the people voting 'No' aren't saying much, literally voting and not commenting!! lol

LY V6 with Recaros
I passed one the other day with stripes, the first one I've seen on the road for a while, and it did look lovely!

133/225/CLS AMG
ja.jack said:
I have white Buddy Club alloys on mine, which I think really compliment the stripes.

There was talk from my missus about getting her cup alloys powder coated white, reckon they'll look pretty good.

Got any pics mate??? :D