ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Racing Stripes....YES or NO??

Racing stripes

• yes

Votes: 610 45.0%
  • no

Votes: 746 55.0%

• Total voters
  Clio V6 255,Clio R27
I took mine off, was a bit worried at first but have decided it looks better.
The V6 wasnt meant to have them anyway.
Agreed they should stay on if the car came with them.

Sometimes design just cannot be beaten. IMO the Gordini stripes on the 182 Cup are the perfect width and position to be unique to the car and just about right. Defo only on the French Racing Blue car though.

2002 Clio Sport 172
Normally i would say no get rid of em but looking at the pic i think the cars looks very nice with em on..... Keep em :)

133/225/CLS AMG
I can't believe this thread is still going!! lol

She's still undecided about whether to have them taken off or whether to get them replaced where they look a big dirty. She wants her wheels refurbed in white so with the stripes that would look awesome.

She's still undecided about whether to have them taken off or whether to get them replaced where they look a big dirty. She wants her wheels refurbed in white so with the stripes that would look awesome.

The guy i bought my 182 off said to t-cut the stripes to keep them clean. Anyone know if you'd be able to do that??

RB 200 Cup!

sounds good!

cant believe this thread is kicking about still aswell

Rs monaco 172 mk2
i'd probably have to say no........ i used to like them...then kinda grew out of it.... maybe feel tat there tat little bit to " boy racer". but tats probably just me.......

133/225/CLS AMG
I did mention that to her, see if a spot of T-cut will brighten them up a bit. Its just a case of waiting for the weather to enable a bit of time for some proper attention to the car.

If not we'll go for replacing them. Any ideas how much that would cost????

Corsa 2.0 16v baby
Right here's the question.

My gf has the 182 Cup (pic below) and is in two minds about the racing stripes. She's worried that they draw a bit too much attention to the car and is kinda worried about someone damaging it, so wondered whether she should take the stripes off.

My argument is that its a racing blue 182, its never gonna be that subtle anyway!!! Also it looks pretty cool and unique with the stripes and I'm not sure of the state of the paint work under them either.

Opinion please :D

Photo-0104.gif

People have commented about the 'go faster' stripes but the fact that its based on this look, I reckon is pretty cool!!!
gordini.jpg

Im afraid stripes are a serious problem unless u own a dodge viper and should be avoided at all costs, they make u look seriously gay!! :)

polo, here for lols
taking them off might damage the paint but i recon thy look prity gud. its not exactly inconspicuous without thm anyway!

133/225/CLS AMG
Trouble is that its an March 05 reg done about 10k miles so we're concerned the paint may have faded round the stripes. :(

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
if they came with them id defo keep them, wouldnt buy them tho if not. they look really crap on any other colour though! racing blue only!

RenaultSport 197
I think they can look tacky and tasteless. May have been the in-thing 30 years ago.. But go faster stripes are like granny knickers.. Old and nobody goes there..

I mean, if they were on a old 1960 race car it would look the mutts, but on newly shaped/ stlyed vehicles it just doesnt look right unless properly done.

racing blue 182
i think the stripes look great on ur wifes car and should stay. i think they start to get a problem when chav's put them on slow 1.2 clios

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
My wife wanted stripes on her car. I wasn't too sure but said as shes drives it most of the time then go for it.

02.jpg

Didn't mind them but now i'm picking up a 172 this week she will not get stripes on it while i'm alive:rasp:

07.gif

At the end of the day i's just personal taste...not really my choice.

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
My wife wanted stripes on her car. I wasn't too sure but said as shes drives it most of the time then go for it.

02.jpg

Didn't mind them but now i'm picking up a 172 this week she will not get stripes on it while i'm alive:rasp:

07.gif

At the end of the day i's just personal taste...not really my choice.

wtf is that?!

Breaking A 172 Replica
The most laughable racing stripes I have ever seen come on the new 207 GTi. Almost crashed the other day as I was laughing so much.