ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radar detectors

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive been looking at getting one for a while and will certainly be buying one before the Scotland trip.

So far Ive considered the Road Angel, because it does what it says on the box and the Origin B2, because it does all that, and more should I want to do more.

I know a lot of people on here had B2s and Ive seen them in action and at the moment thats my most likely choice.

Has anyone got anything to add before I go ahead and order one? Any other units to suggest? Possitioning advice for a 172? Is the lack of radar detection an issue or do they just use laser these days?

Any help, advice, suggestions etc would be appreciated.

Cheers

Lee

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

My two choices were the Road Angel and the b2.

I went for the b2 at 320 all in, and glad I did.

Installs nice and tidy.

I have the unit just behind the tweeter on the dash, and the GPS reciever is on the parcel shelf. Not sure the GPS reciever needs to be there, but I wired it in and then couldnt be bothered to move it to the front, so not sure if it needs to be there etc?

B2 won Best Detector in this months Fast Car / Max Pooer / whatever magazine, but never tried any of the gps detectors myself.

Can highly recommend the Bel 990 radar detector though. ;)

Lee

BMW M2C

Rocko posted some pictures of his installed a whille back but they are no longer there. Any chance someone could post a few of there B2s in 172 or the like?

Ta.

Hi Guys, sorry my webserver died - Ive upped them to the cliosport uploader now :)

Unit location:
http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1079690795__Origin003.jpg

Laser location - Ive moved this to the top of the screen now
http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1079690881__Origin001.jpg

GPS Antenna location - driver side rear window
http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1079690958__Origin002.jpg

Im still planning on doing some pics to show hard wiring it in to the power but Ive still not got round to doing it yet. Ill post them when Ive sorted it.

Ta

Lee

BMW M2C

GDI. They wont do them at £320 anymore. Now £349. F*****g typical.:mad:

Does anyone know of anywhere which will do them for £320?

Lee

BMW M2C

Im not happy paying £350 when I know they have sold them to us at £320 and I can get one of Has for £320, but the old lad doesnt take plastic :(

I was buying 2 also.

Skoda Fabia vRS

if your gonna buy 2 mate then you should be able to get them for £320 each no problem

Lee

BMW M2C

They didnt. Apparently a change in the way they purchase them now makes this impossible. :mad: I just ordered two and was told £359.00, but they did them for £349 in the end, which is, as you say a good price still.

Theyll be with me on Tuesday.

Lee

BMW M2C

Right, they have arrived.

Bearing in mind Im not the most technical person in the world I need to know how people have run the cables in a 172?

Im going to install it in the same place as Rocko, but would like to know where and how the cables were run?

Ideally I would wait for the weekend to install it, but I need it in before then as I have a lot of driving to do.;)