ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio always on when ignition is off!

Clio 182
I’ve got an issue with the radio in my car and looking for some advice. I have continuity between the battery and accessory circuits, so the radio and clock in the dash are constantly powered on when the ignition is off. I’ve checked the ignition switch and it’s working as it should, and disconnected both the radio and clock to rule out any internal shorts. It looks like the short is either at the back of the fuse box, or somewhere in the wiring. One thing that doesn’t make sense is that if I pull fuse 29 (consumer cut-out) and then reseat the fuse again I lose continuity between the two circuits for a minute or so, and then it returns. The only wiring diagram I’ve come across is the one below. Is there a relay or something that’s missing from that diagram? Has anyone else had this issue?

Attachments

• IMG_9755.jpeg
    IMG_9755.jpeg
    364.3 KB · Views: 5

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Try swapping the yellow and red bullet connectors over so it’s yellow to red, red to yellow. One is permanently live the other is only live when ignition is on. It’s different in different models of cars.
Or used to be years ago anyway.