ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio and fan stay powered with ignition off

Clio 182 cup
Hi,
Just for info, I noticed today that if your charging a battery (e-cig) via the 12v socket (cliosport.net USB charger), the radio and fan stay powered after the ignition is switched off. This would kill your battery in no time. A relay must be getting a feed back through the 12v socket.

Thats normal behaviour, on the first ignition notch the following are active:

12v Plug / Cig lighter
Radio
Heater fans

I've listened to the radio on this setting for 45 mins ish before and no issue with battery.

Clio 182 cup
Thats normal behaviour, on the first ignition notch the following are active:

12v Plug / Cig lighter
Radio
Heater fans

I've listened to the radio on this setting for 45 mins ish before and no issue with battery.
I often listen to the radio on the first click of the ignition but in this case....
The key was out of the ignition at the time. Ignition barrel fully switched off.
(2005 182)

Last edited:
  Clio sport 182
I'm
I often listen to the radio on the first click of the ignition but in this case....
The key was out of the ignition at the time. Ignition barrel fully switched off.
(2005 182)
I'm having the same problem apart from the climate control isn't working. Just the radio and the clock.... Have you managed to get it sorted ?

Clio 182 cup
As I said if nothing is charging in the 12v socket then the car powers down fully with the key removed.