ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio Code??????????

Clio 1.4 16v
Do we have any guru's that can tell me what I am doing wrong with my radio, its the standard Renault one, as far as I'm aware the code that is in the Service manual is correct, but it just won't accept it.

Any suggestions anyone, or is it time to buy a proper head unit? If so, anybody got one going cheap?

Clio 1.4 16v
right, it says to put the code in using the stalk turn control and the bottom button, then when you have the code displayed press the bottom button again and it should beep and come on, but it just goes straight back round to the beginning of the code again without saying anything

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
not sure how i did it but your probly skipping it to correct a mistake or sumin but try pressin the other buttons.

Chocolate Bar™
^ to get mine to work i used to input the code so that the four digits were displayed. then i held the '6' button on the headunit itself until it beeped and came on. job done.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
^ to get mine to work i used to input the code so that the four digits were displayed. then i held the '6' button on the headunit itself until it beeped and came on. job done.

Something like that ^

Basically, if the code is right, you're doing it wrong:quiet: The code is probably right;)

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
i had this problem - from memory that handbook is misleading as to how to do it, i called the steelers and they said it was how i was entering it - they talked me thru it and it worked. The code will be right if your the first owner - if you bought second hand they prvious owner/s may have changed the code.

Clio 1.4 16v
holding the button on the steering control worked, pressing six did not though, the bok is mesleading yes, it does not say to hold the button in, only press it. duh, stupid manual

Chocolate Bar™
stupid headunit more like. holding the six worked for me. i'd have used it as a good excuse to get an alpine :approve: