ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio code

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S
Drove my car for a few hours today with the radio on as usual. Then stopped for a few hours. When I restarted my car it asked for the radio code which it's never done before. Entered it, and all sorted!... Its rather cold where I am at the moment (anything between zero and -10 the last few days) could that be what caused it?? :eek:

Sorry if this is a daft question, I am honestly not blonde (no offence intended anyone)!!

S4 Avant
normally it'll only ask you for the code if the battery's been disconnected, or if the radio's been unplugged. Could check for loose connectors at the back?

Either way, I wouldn't worry too much, unless it starts doing it on a regular basis.

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S
It did it a few times a few months back but nothing since until yesterday. It hadnt been touched/pulled out etc so I just thought it was strange that it turned off again, i'll check the connections again just incase.

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S
This happened again today, doesnt seem to be any loose connections, any reasons why this happens?

Bumder With A Buffer
Battery connections done up nice and tight?

If not a new battery "may" be in order. Clio's suffer badly from worn battery's in the colder weather. Does your trip computer reset too??

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S
Battery connections done up nice and tight?

If not a new battery "may" be in order. Clio's suffer badly from worn battery's in the colder weather. Does your trip computer reset too??

Thanks, will check that out! Its just getting annoying now, done it a few times randomly. No, the trip computer hasnt reset... yet! :dapprove:

Skoda Fabia vRS
take it the dealer, in cold conditions MANY of the OE radio units will fail, this is a known problem, think we might have replaced at least 5 today, got loads on my shelf waiting for people to come in, and some units on back order

pm me your reg

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S
take it the dealer, in cold conditions MANY of the OE radio units will fail, this is a known problem, think we might have replaced at least 5 today, got loads on my shelf waiting for people to come in, and some units on back order

pm me your reg

Cheers! yhpm.

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S
Yeh its a 56 why??

This morning the radio wont turn on at all :dapprove: The temperature and clock are showing on the display though - and they stay on even when the car is switched off!! :S

Megane dci 130
There is a known issue with some units made in that year as brun says. There is a chip inside the radio that cannot take the cold temperatures. This can cause battery drains because it does not turn the display off, and the radio to not respond at all when you turn it on. You can get it working again by dissconnecting the radio though. There is a yellow OTS on this problem with renault so I would get it to your nearest dealer and they will check your radio part number and replace it free of charge.

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S
Dealer will be getting a visit! Thats if it starts as the display as now been on for 30 hours! lol Will try disconnecting too and see if that does anything too.

Cheers and Merry Christmas! :D

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S

pm me your reg

There is a known issue with some units made in that year as brun says. There is a chip inside the radio that cannot take the cold temperatures. This can cause battery drains because it does not turn the display off, and the radio to not respond at all when you turn it on. You can get it working again by dissconnecting the radio though. There is a yellow OTS on this problem with renault so I would get it to your nearest dealer and they will check your radio part number and replace it free of charge.

All sorted today (as said, free of charge) thanks guys! :)